Good day

Speednut

Registered
So, I took the day off work today since it was going to be 65 degrees. Thats a big one for Chicago area!. To make a long story short, finally got my Amsoil. So, as nerveracking as we all know taking the fairings off, it went really well. Taped off the edges with painters tape and removed the brake side to get at filter, etc. And to look for anything else behind there. Oil change went well. Also finally used a rear stand for the first time to clean and then lube my chain. Adjusted it a bit too... The rear stand was easier than I thought it would be thanks to someone giving me the idea to use the subframe under the hump to grab on to. The .Org rules for tips like that! My next item is to ask how hard it is to install new levers. I just received my blue aluminum clutch/brake levers, but it looks kinda hard to get them on. Is it a difficult job? Any advice on that install would be greatly appreciated! Then I washed her up, and she will be ready to ride into work tomorrow afternoon!

To make a long story short, finally ask how hard it is to install new levers. I just received my blue aluminum clutch/brake levers, but it looks kinda hard to get them on. Is it a difficult job? Any advice on that install would be greatly appreciated!
Its not as hard as you think. Just remove the pivot bolt and take the old levers off. Check the fit on the new one because you may have to use the bushings out of the old levers. Reinstall the bolt and tighten it up and you are finished.

Awesome. I will tackle that small swap tomorrow morning. I did notice two small wear holes in the rubber where the clutch lever moves in and out. Im hoping its not a big deal. I will check how bad it is tomorrow.

Back