Ping.... greenbean53

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
I see that you've been a member since roughly Aug, 2005 as well as participating in a Group Buy. Now for the shocker, never posted as a member... So I thought I'd formally introduce you to the folks and break the ice............

Welcome to the Org!

jump9.gif

<!--EDIT|ks-waterbug
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140274892 -->

Thanks gentlemen, I appreciate the welcome. A little bit about myself: I am mostly a sponge for knowledge and have been soaking up a lot of it from this board. I starting riding again after a 20 plus year layoff. I have ridden just about everything on two wheels from youth. I last rode in '86 when I owned a FJ 1100 Yahama. I had a young family then, and because I was a little too wreckless in those days, I sold the bike and decided to dedicate all my time to the family (with a little prodding from my wife). Last year I got the itch again, (family all grown and gone), so I decided to satisfy the itch and the "05 Hayabusa red and black was my logical choice.Fellows I thought the FJ was a bad ride, but my 52 year old body was not ready for the suprise that was about to come. Upon exiting the seat after the first ride, it was somewhat of a chore just to stand and make my way to the toilet. This bike is a monster not to be tamed, only to be respected. Since I have been frequenting this board I have also acquired the mod bug which can be expensive but is sure a lot of fun. Again, thanks for the welcome and please keep the knowledge flowing. Sorry for the long first post. Johnny

Johnny, interesting I think several of us can relate with the family thing and giving up motorcycles for a while. I went ten years without my beloved GSXR, so in 2000 I took the plunge and got one. Been riding ever since.....

Ks--Thanks for hooking me up on the group buy. I appreciate the time you took to send the information. I took care of the business end of it this morning, now all I have to do is get my sorry self out in the cold garage where she's stored and pull the cluster to send to Scott. I have the acumen gear indicator to install also (bought from Charles at Street and Track), so I thought now was as good a time as any to get this done given the great price. Again, thanks to all for the welcome and you especially for taking time to help.

Welcome! Although you may not know it , you are a youngster here to many of us! LOL I have been riding for over 40 years, and I can relate to your first ride on the busa story. Since you live in the general area, I hope you will give some consideration to joining us at busa bash! It would be a great way to meet many wonderful and interesting people. Hope you can make it.

Welcome Greenbean ....I took the 10 year break too , after my last encounter with a cager .Never lost the itch , just took me this long to convince the wife that I'll be o.k.:;):

Back