Pilot Road 2CT

I had a pair of Michelin Pilot Road 2 CT's installed last Sunday, after checking out Michelins web site. They do recommend them for the Busa, but suggest the Pilot Sport HPX first.
They are 2 CT's. From their website,"But thanks to Michelin 2CT dual-compound technology, the new Pilot® Road 2 tire offers both grip and durability in one tire."
I got to ride 50 miles after work today, and I like the way they feel, so far.

Bernie, you're information regarding mounting 2CTs on the busa hit home with me as I've always felt them to be a bit squirmy, especially compared to the M3s I was running Before swithing to 2CTs. I loved the M3s and felt much more confident on agressive rides, though the ride was not as plush as with the 2CTS. I think the plush ride is due to the 2CT Carcass being soft as you mentioned and maybe that's what is contributing to the squirmyness in the twisties. In either case, I'm due for new tires and I plan to go back to the M3s!

As you got a bigger country you have a lot more different conditions.

Concerning the grip of the HPX , the tire needs more time to warm up , but then
its ok.
When you ride in warmer regions its well from start , and you have a good mileage .(it will make 6.000 km~ 4.000m)

If your running sporty stile  (have seen the "Dragon") the normal PP is FOR ME the ultimate choice but not as 2CT.
Also in wet conditions TOP.

Concerning the Metzeler , its a verry good tire , but at its end it "slides" more than the michelins.
Another thing is , that the "end" of the tire is not so good visible because of leaking profile in the middle of the tire.
So ,after a ride suddenly you see the steelbelts comming out , and the tire even looked good before start.

dscn0924.jpg

A lot of drivers here run the Z6 and are lucky with it.

But my personel opinion is , that everybody should ride a tire that gives him a good and secure feeling. If there is any doubt , change it , and try to find one which gives you better
feeling.
The more you trust your tires , the better you ride.
To reach the limit of these modern tires i think you have to run over your owen or the bikes limit. (a well warmed up tire as base)
On public race-trainings , some can scratch their fairing without loosing grip of tires , and there are some on HPX , some on PP, some on Metzeler , some on pirelli
I made such a training one time (only scratching the footrest-pins) and saw what these tires are able to hold.

Thanks for beeing so friendly to me (and my writing  
ohthedrama.gif
)

Greets

Just got my new Pilot Road 2 tires to try out. Will be mounting them in the morning, with my review to follow.

DSC09769__Large_.JPG

Back