anyone running the pilot road 2ct's ?

Revolution

revolution custom paint
Donating Member
Registered
i live in N.Y. [long island] and just last year purchased the Pilot Powers. with just one season of riding i find the middle to be wearing. there are not enough twisties around so i'm looking at a tire with more life yet still have confidence inducing stickyness in the turns when need be.

anyone running the pilot road 2ct? is the "corner compound" comparable to the Pilot Powers?
:beerchug:

From what I could learn from Michelin, the sidewall on the Pilot Road 2ct is the same as the Pilot Power.. The Power 2ct uses the sidewall compound from the Pilot race..

the short is the 2CT tire uses a softer sidewall

I have never run either and am on my first set of BT016 tri-compounds (probably too soft for your use)

Last edited:
:dunno: I ran probably six or seven PP 2CTs on my '06 and got around 5K and I rode somewhat aggressive at the time.

I know most here are tired of hearing this but give a set of Avon Storms a run. I ran 5 rear and 3 front Pilot Powers on mine and averaged 2500 miles per rear. Most of this was solo riding. I am on my 2nd Storm rear and got 6500 miles on the 1st one mostly 2up riding. The Storms will easily do what most riders are going to ask of them. I would say about 80% of the total capabilities of the Pilot Powers. They do take a little more warm up than Powers but that is my only complaint.

thanks.

the Pilot Powers i have work great for the little twisties i do have around here. thanks all. Bogus thanks.

if the Pilot Road 2ct's use the same compound as the Pilot Powers on the side, but a harder center than the Pilot Powers...i'm sold.

From what i gather, 2ct Roads are harder compound than the PP2ct's. Sidewall softness is comparable with the PP's and the center compound is harder for touring. Basically they are simliar to the 2ct's just all around harder tire.

I have the pilot road2 on the rear. It is the first michelen I have owned and I must say that I am fairly impressed with it thus far. I don't have all that many miles on it yet but i have scrubbed it in. I can't compare to pp though as I have never tried them. As far as side grip, they are just fine for me as i probably will never drag my knee (on purpose anyways). I do put it off in the corner from time to time when riding with my friends who are on liter bikes. I give the PR2's an A+. FYI, I only got about 3000 out of the stock tire.

Pilot Road 2's are very good tires in MY HUMBLE opinion. I am on the second set and got about 8500 miles out of the first set. They have the pilot power outers and the pilot road centers. Hold great in the curves and last on the long straight rides. thumbsup:

i live in N.Y. [long island] and just last year purchased the Pilot Powers. with just one season of riding i find the middle to be wearing. there are not enough twisties around so i'm looking at a tire with more life yet still have confidence inducing stickyness in the turns when need be.

anyone running the pilot road 2ct? is the "corner compound" comparable to the Pilot Powers?
:beerchug:

Are you talking about the "Pilot Road 2" or the "Pilot Power 2CT" ???

Two different tires Brother :poke:

From what I could learn from Michelin, the sidewall on the Pilot Road 2ct is the same as the Pilot Power.. The Power 2ct uses the sidewall compound from the Pilot race..

the short is the 2CT tire uses a softer sidewall

I have never run either and am on my first set of BT016 tri-compounds (probably too soft for your use)

Who makes BT016 tires. Who sells them. You seem very sold on them. When you say too soft, do you mean that they will wear to quickly?

I would suggest the continental road attacks there dual compound i ran mine for abour 7k i ride back and forth 100 miles a day to work, there great in the twisties along with the stright lines. I am currently running the dunlop road smart it's very similar, I like the grab in the turns more, i haven't got allot of miles on them yet you can check the reviews though they were all pretty good....

Pilot Road 2's are very good tires in MY HUMBLE opinion. I am on the second set and got about 8500 miles out of the first set. They have the pilot power outers and the pilot road centers. Hold great in the curves and last on the long straight rides. thumbsup:

I am running them also, great tires. Ive got around 6000 on my rear tire now and it still looks good. You will be pleased.

i have the Pilot Powers but they wear too quick in the center.

i'm looking into the Pilot Road 2CT's.

Are you talking about the "Pilot Road 2" or the "Pilot Power 2CT" ???

Two different tires Brother :poke:

Back