Pilot Road 2CT

Busa204

Registered
Thread was starting to show on my Pilot Power 2CT rear tire. So I head down to grab a new tire & the guy tells me about the Pilot Road 2CT. I was hesitant at first, but figured what the heck, I'll give them a try. So Friday I'll be installing the Pilot Road 2CT. Just wondering if anyone else has tried them & what their thoughts are on them?

I'm curious to find out what you think about them. I'm due for a set of tires and had plans to go with the power 2ct's. Whats the price of the road compared to the power? Let me know your opinion.

They were 20 dollars cheaper than the Powers 2CT. I'll have the rear tire on Friday & post some reviews of it after a few days of riding on it.

+1 I am looking forward to the reviews on this too. I just got a Power 2CT on the front, so far its been great. I wonder how many miles the Road 2CT will last.

post up your review.....

I'm stuck on Qualifiers.....

I have the Pilot Powers on currently and have a set of PP 2CTs on my track-day wheels......missing the Qualifiers. Will definately go back to them.

Will be interesting to see what you think of the tire. I'm also really happy with my qualifiers.

I have the pilot powers and like them , and put nitrogen in them for 30% to 40% longer life.

The PP 2CT's are the first tires I have put on my bike since the stock ones. I got 1700 miles out of the stock ones until threads were showing. I got 3900 miles from the PP 2CT's, and they weren't completely worn out, but close so I changed them.. I think they are great tires. They stick well for me with 38 PSI in the rear and 36 PSI in the front. I also played with my suspension a little and went 2 full turns tighter on the rear spring which helped tremendously with the handling of the bike in the twisties..

banghead.gif

I am getting more mileage out of the PP than the battlax too. I just put a new set on.
Just doing my part to help the economy...
Looking forward to your review

May08_rimstires__2_.JPG

Ya, I've been running Pilot Powers since first changing out the orignal tires & love them. They handle great wet/dry, never had to worry about traction with them. The south Florida streets wear tires out quickly, so figured I would try these & see if I can get more milage out of them. I didn't want to compromise handling for milage so that's why I never switched from the Pilot Powers. The Pilot Road 2CTs are suppose to be just as good with traction, they just take a little longer to warm up from what I'm told. I'm stuck at work today so I won't be able to put the tire on till tomorrow. I'll give an update after a couple of nights riding on it.

I got a new set of those Road2's and have put about 1000 miles on them so far.
My rides have been more towards the touring/commute side of it but I let loose on them yesterday through some of my favorite twisties. While there not as sticky as the Power2CT I had on the 748, the do feel great and have plenty of grip. More like between regular powers I have on the Monster and the 2CT's.
I can not comment on the wear of them yet, but they say they should be like the older Roads.
thumb_up.gif

latah..

"There are no such things as Road 2cts

They're called Road2s"

Yes the name on the tire says Pilot Road2....But I did see on a site that had the tires for sale that said they use the same tech as the 2cts...

I'm having my Road2's installed today.

Will let you know.

Back