Pilot Power vs Pilot Power 2CT

Thanks for your analysis Vman, as usual, without smoke and mirrors and very objective. Sat.Aug 9th, we are going to RenoFernley raceway for a trackday and I am shod with new Michelin Powerraces (soft front, medium rear and 180/55). After track, I think I'll go to the 016's, I don't ride double, weigh 230 and alot of mountain roads. Even with all the twisties we have out here, there is much straight highway stuff required to get there as well. Pics coming later after trackday! Doyle

P1010603.JPG

I have a pilot power on the front and a 2CT on the rear because when I hit the twisties really hard my bike was still trying to break lose, not all the time, just when hitting the hard twisties at speeds that you really shouldn't be at, but for the most part the regular pilot power was fine, can't see where anyone really needs the 2CT unless they are getting the bike leaned over and keeping it over in turns alot. The extra assurance feels good. Kept the regular pilot power on the front because of the way my Busa wears front tires, way quicker then the rear.

I have a pilot power on the front and a 2CT on the rear because when I hit the twisties really hard my bike was still trying to break lose, not all the time, just when hitting the hard twisties at speeds that you really shouldn't be at, but for the most part the regular pilot power was fine, can't see where anyone really needs the 2CT unless they are getting the bike leaned over and keeping it over in turns alot. The extra assurance feels good. Kept the regular pilot power on the front because of the way my Busa wears front tires, way quicker then the rear.
I've never, in 30 years, heard of front tires wearing out faster than rear....how can that be? Raydog

I've never, in 30 years, heard of front tires wearing out faster than rear....how can that be?     Raydog
hehehe yeah. I go through 2 rears for every one front. seemed odd to me also

I just replaced the original stones on my o7 busa w/ pp 2ct, and have about 300 miles on them. After ipurchased them, and they arrived at the house, I discovered the pilot road......that will be my next choice. Only one thing I don't understand, the tire compounds that they specify on their website seem to be the same from pp 2ct to pilot road, just the percentage of soft sidewall area is increased. I will tell you this, though, Mich. claims that the pilot road is a better wet performer, and when I took my tires to the stealership to get mounted, I saw why. The tread depth is MUCH deeper on the pilot road than the pp 2ct. This would contribute to longer mileage as well as more effective channeling of water.

BTW....does anybody know why the tread design on the front pp 2ct is the opposite direction of most any other m/c tire i've seen? It seems that the grooves would channel water towards the center of the tire rather than out the side........i dunno. And yes, the tire is properly mounted.

Back