Pilot Road 2CT

I have the pilot powers and like them , and put nitrogen in them for 30% to 40% longer life.
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

I have the pilot powers and like them , and put nitrogen in them for 30% to 40% longer life.
Nitrogen is used in aircraft tires to provide less pressure gain/loss from temperature change, what doe that have to do with extended tread life?

Blue
Futhermore, given Charles law (derived from the ideal gas law) which states;

"At constant pressure, the volume of a given mass of an ideal gas increases or decreases by the same factor as its temperature (in Kelvin) increases or decreases."*

could you explain to me why nitrogen is any different than any other gas?

hmnnn....?

tounge.gif

cheers
ken

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles's_law

see also;
Idael gas law
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideal_gas_law

I've had the Road 2's on for about 2000 miles and I love them. I run the Dragon now and then as well as commute and have been very satisfied with their grip and tread life.

Just put them on about an hr ago...Going out on the bike tonight....

Btw, on the sides of the tires they do have 2CT written on them....But bottom line is they are called Pilot Road2....

I got my Road2s put on Friday afternoon. Scrubbed 'em in on Saturday and worked 'em hard today.

One thing in particular that I NOTICE is that they are a little friendlier on the road-paint we use here in Cali.

In some instances, the 2CTs had a tendency to slide (or to give that feeling), and I had none of that today.

Not that I drive on the paint all the time, but when you ride as many miles as I do, well, you're bound to get into it once in a while.

I love 'em.
bowdown.gif

I don't know how you guys were showing thread in less than 4000 miles on 2CT's. I've got over 5000 miles on my set and they aren't even squaring off yet.

Not at all. I commute almost 500 miles a week on my Busa. About half of it is backroads through Hill Country Texas, the rest is all highway.

Hello from Germany

The Pilot Road 2 , means second generation of PilotRoad.
Its created as a touring tire to last a bit longer , and has not the ultimate grip as the PP

For the PilotPower 2Ct it means two compounds.
I m ridind also the PP and like most in the german Board i think its the best tire
for the busa , concerning grip-last ratio. Average mileage is about 5-6ooo km
for rear tire what is about 3.500 miles , and two front to one rear tire

But i wonder that you ride PP 2ct on your Busas. In Europe nether Suzuki nor Michelin
"allow" the PP2Ct for the Busa , bacause of the Bike wight.
The 2CT is free for use on Gixxers Kawa10 CBR etc , al supersportlers with "low" wight.

We can only run the PP in "reinforced"?? version with additional "Marks" ??
B and W for front and rear wich is marked on side of tire near DOT

Even on race days , organised by michelin they dont mount the 2Ct on busas , saying they were to
soft (not concerning the Gum but the underkonstruction "karkasse" of the tire.

But maybe thats because of the the german Autobahn were we can legal go fullspeed in some regions for a distance of 50 miles and more. At fullspeed the Autobahn will "eat" the tire quicker you run (a BT56 will be gone in 500miles , the Michelin in 1000miles max.)

For all who dont drive to the max limit on normal streets the PilotRoad will be a great choice with triple the miling as the Bridgestone and a good grip in all conditions .
Here its used by many who go often on hollidays or longer turns with the busa.
Pricing for these tires PP and PR in Germany is about 300€ a set , makes about 450$

Hope i whrote nearly right
and had some usefull informations

Greets
bernie

Props to you, Bernie.

Loads of info there.

Don't worry about your word usage and grammar...your points were all solid.

beerchug.gif

"I don't know how you guys were showing thread in less than 4000 miles on 2CT's. I've got over 5000 miles on my set and they aren't even squaring off yet."

The roads here in Florida are brutal, very course. Then mix that in with the heat. That combo eats the tires quickly. I get about 3k out of the PP2ct, maybe a little less...

"The Pilot Road 2 , means second generation of PilotRoad.
Its created as a touring tire to last a bit longer , and has not the ultimate grip as the PP

For the PilotPower 2Ct it means two compounds."

The Pilot Road 2 have the same 2ct type compound. They actually do say 2CT on the tire.  I know it's a slightly harder dual compound than the PP2cts.

So far, I haven't noticed much of a change (which is a good thing). I still seem to have all the same traction I did with the PP2cts. It will be interesting to see how much more life, if any, I can get out of these compared to the PP 2cts.

Bernie, that was an awesome post. It is great to see opinions from such divergent motorcycle environments as Europe and the U.S. You sound well-versed in the subject.

thumb_up.gif

Blue1

I was thinking about the Road2 for the trip (1500 miles, maybe 400 interstate) to WV in mid-June, but Bernie's comments have me second-guessing myself.
laugh.gif

Maybe I should stick with the trusty Metzeler M3s...

Blue

Back