Pics from my Sturgis trip

justin726

Registered
Rode up to Sturgis on Friday, Aug 2nd, and rode home Wednesday, Aug 8th.  I took over 500 pictures on this trip.  It's kind of hard to get them down to less than 20 pics, but here are some of the highlights.    
beerchug.gif

Just over 500 miles to Sturgis.  Here is one pic out on the open road somewhere south of Valentine, Nebraska.
View attachment 1160648

Rode through about an hour of rain in SD.  It stopped just before I got to the Badlands National Park.  Took my time going through the Badlands.  There was some awesome scenery in the park.  I highly recommend going through there if you're ever in the area.
View attachment 1160649
View attachment 1160650
View attachment 1160651
View attachment 1160652
View attachment 1160653
View attachment 1160654

That first day I got up there, we were out riding from Keystone to Rapid City.  We didn't quite make it back to Rapid City when we got sutck in a hail storm underneith an overpass.  We got hit with hail for a mile before we made it to the underpass.  We ditched the bikes on the shoulder of the road and hid behind the large support pillars to stay out of the hail.  Quite a bit of hail fell as you can tell from the pics.
View attachment 1160655
View attachment 1160656

Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse monuments.  
View attachment 1160657
View attachment 1160658

Two pictures from along the Needles Highway.  Again, some awesome scenery along this route.
View attachment 1160659
View attachment 1160660

Pictures from The Wildlife Loop inside Custer State Park.
Sturgis07313.jpg

Sturgis07315.jpg

Sturgis07332.jpg

You think this is fast?
Sturgis07363.jpg

A smoky burnout at the Full Throtle Saloon.
Sturgis07409.jpg

Main street Sturgis. I swear there's a Busa in there somewhere.
wink.gif

Sturgis07485.jpg

Absolutely amazing scenary!!! I'd love to make that run one of these days just for the Badlands. Awesome photos!! Thanks for sharing them!
bowdown.gif

Man western South Dakota and the black hills are some of the most beautiful country I've ever driving through, I took my Tiburon through the badlands I'd love to do it on the bike. Nice pics!

Man...what a beautiful area to ride through!!! Thanks for sharing, great picts and I'm sure a wonderful ride.

super.gif
bowdown.gif
super.gif
bowdown.gif

super.gif

bowdown.gif

Very nice pics! Beedn there many times. Keystone is a cool little trap too. I have the same bike and love it? How many miles on it so far?

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing! I would love to take that ride one year.......

Nice pictures!  Did you stop at Wall Drug or Dinosaur park? I had a very good time when I was stationed there from 1986 thru 1993. Thanks for bringing back some Gooood memories!!!
beerchug.gif

Na, I didn't stop at Wall Drug. I had stopped there the year before. It's always a cool destination, but this year I just blew right by it on the way up and back.

Back