Heading to Sturgis Rally! Wish me luck! ha!

Bike looks good Should tell us whats all done with it and such either here or in a new thread somewhere. looks like a 300 wheel or mabey a 330?

I'm heading out Tuesday, gonna spend a couple nights there. I've been there several times already. Kawasaki Z1 once, Harley Electraglide once, BMW 5 times. The guys I ride with all have Harleys but we're a pretty tame crowd. Funny thing, when we pull into a parking lot full of bikes my buddies all look for the chrome junk and custom paint jobs on the new Streetglides but my brothers and I look at the choppers, street trackers, sport bikes, Ducatis, Guzzis etc. Lots and lots of cool bikes out there. We also watch the races. Gonna watch the 1/2 mile and the Pro Hillclimb this year; years past we've watched the Top Fuel Nitro Harley drags, very cool.

The hills are really fun to ride it but it's not a place for a beginner, way too many bikes. We get up early when everyone else has hangovers and we have the hills almost to ourselves. Looking forward to riding my mostly stock 03 Hayabusa (only had it about a week).

Really, I've seen lots of sport bikes out there and been treated equally well no matter what I've ridden. It's a truly cool motorcyle event.

Oh, I'm going to buy a "I rode my bike there" tee shirts. Riding the back roads of southern South Dakota is half the fun, no trailers for us!

good luck guys. i wouldnt leave the bikes out... alot of hail there lately. seems they always have bad weather come rally time. my mom said they had to get the dozers or something out the other day to get all the hail off the roads.

Good luck, have phun..!!
Wish I could go..!!

envy.gif

Back