Heading to Sturgis Rally! Wish me luck! ha!

viper11511

Registered
Hey all! I'm riding out to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally (mostly harley's) next week! I have been there many times on Harley's but going to take my busa out this year. Pretty family oriented in most parts now so shouldn't get too much grief. Took the baffle out of my sidewinder though just to make sure I do! haha! It's really a fun rally and amazing ride through the Black Hills! Check it out sometime if you get a chance!!!

I've seen that on TV many times and always wondered how someone on a sport bike would be treated. I've quit riding in Poker Runs around here because the Harley guys are such a$$es. You'd think a 200mph stock bike would get a little respect. :bowdown: Have a fun and safe trip!

Just like anything if your a decent sporty bike guy there usually is no problems Granted the cocky ones usually get there boot But seems to be diffrent for guys rolling on busa's also.

Hey Viper which way you comeing from and when you gona be out there?

Ya I will be very low key! I do enjoy my old Harley's too and pretty much respect anything motor. I just need "my other bikes a Harley sticker"! ha! Naa I'm not worried. I just wanted to bring something different and look forward to visiting with people and sharing my busa experience with them. A little different than my bike I took out there last year! (pictured)

CIMG1475_2.jpg

Wow kudos to you for ridding that. It makes my lower back twinge just to see it.

Enjoy the rally. Pleas take pics for those of us who can't make it.

My late uncle when a few years back on his Triumph and had a great time. But I guess harleys don't mind them. That and you can't help but to like him.

Cool bobber!!! But the Busa is undoubtedly much, much more comfortable than a rigid. I went to Sturgis 10 years ago...on a Honda Nighthawk. Didn't catch any flack, I just parked near the Gold Wings.

It seems sportbikes are getting more and more popular at places like Daytona and Sturgis, and that can't be a bad thing.

yea the 1% can get ya down...but dont let them rule ya... ride and enjoy

Ya I will be very low key! I do enjoy my old Harley's too and pretty much respect anything motor. I just need "my other bikes a Harley sticker"! ha! Naa I'm not worried. I just wanted to bring something different and look forward to visiting with people and sharing my busa experience with them. A little different than my bike I took out there last year! (pictured)

Nice bike there Viper. So where you hailing From i see you have a south dakota plate even.

I WANT that Knuckle!!!!:bowdown:

Cap amd I are heading there Sunday for part 2 of this adventure. We have not tried to kill one another... yet.. so we should probably make it there in a few days. The Black Hills has some of the finest roads in the country. Way to good to ride a road sofa. The roads have Hayabusa written all over them..:laugh:

A guy I work with went last year he said there were alot of busas there with NO problems from the HD guys.

A couple of neighbors are going this year. If I had the funds I would go with them. One of them have relatives there so it would be cheap. But my situation sucks right now. Maybe next year!!!

Awesome, I hope you have a great time. My parents and I are planning a two week trip to Sturgis next year. We are going to meet up in Utah and head through yellow stone for a few nights camping. Stay in Sturgis for a couple days then head up to Montanna then back. That's the plan as of right now at least. My parents both ride their own Harley's so I shouldn't get too much flack if I take the Busa. :thumbsup:

To be honest it was actually Sturgis last year that gave me the busa bug! I was walking down main street when I heard something not v-twin and looked over. A stretched lowered busa slowly cruised by. It was a done deal after that! Had to have one! I have had a lot of respect from HD riders so far so don't think I will have any problems. I think Sturgis is much different than years past. I will post some pics when I return! Thanks all for your input!!!!

IMG_0404.jpg

Back