Wish me luck!

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
Well I just made a scarry decision....in June I'm gonna ride my bike to the Grand Canyon from Reno (MY BICYCLE!). A friend of mine is a motorcyclist/bicyclist and when I found out he was doing it, I called him and we agreed to do it as a team.
Eight days on desolate roads, sleeping on the ground, 85-115 miles per day, major training in advance, that's why it's scary! Wives and families will drive and meet us and transport our carcases back home. I'm always blabbing about cross training, this is really a "practice what you preach" situation. More later but I just wanted to throw it out there to my Busa buds. Doyle

I'll come meet you on the way, Doyle! But June in AZ? Oooh, baby, it's gonna be toasty!

Congrats on the decision and commitment. It's going to be a major undertaking...and you're just the man for the mission!

:beerchug:

Thanks Scar, route and exact schedule to be designed shortly. You know if I don't do it I will have never done it. Doyle

Doyle, good luck on this task/adventure, you know you truly inspire some of us, you've got 10 years on me and I strive to be as active as you. I'm curious, will you be using a special road bike or your new mountain bike for this trip.

Doyle, good luck on this task/adventure, you know you truly inspire some of us, you've got 10 years on me and I strive to be as active as you. I'm curious, will you be using a special road bike or your new mountain bike for this trip.

No, not the mountain bike Gene, I have a pretty hi line MotoBacan streetbike with carbon forks, 27 speed, 19 lbs. etc. There's no comparison in rolling resistance between the best mtn bike and even a middle level road bike with 115 psi tires! Also, I've just decided to use a one wheel trailer instead of panniers....I like my bikes naked without luggage! BTW, thank you for your kind words. Doyle

Pay ATTN Folks !!!!!!!!!!!! Life is NOT Just Existing day to day.............It's an Adventure !!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO DOYLE !!!!!!!!!!! Like I have said before........I Only WISH I could be 1/2 the MAN you are :bowdown::bowdown:

Back