Sturgis 2005 in Picutres

There's no replacement for Displacement....or taste.
laugh.gif

P1010024.JPG

Its a hell of a party, I mean its REALLY worth the party, I couldn't post most of the pictures and video we have (oh yea we had jones cam (helmet cam) going the whole time as well). Honestly it took my body a good solid 2 weeks to shake off the fog of drugs and alcohol. HAHA
Most people were cool about riding a sportbike those who wern't got back what they gave (I mean how are you gonna win an argument riding a 60hp boat anchor ).  
biggrin.gif
 I even ran into and ended up talking to 3-4 Busa riders there (alhtough none of them had hard luggage, go figure)... It was cool, I'll probably go back its a good party and I wouldnt stay anywhere but the chip, that place is like the wild west..ANYTHING goes...Not to mention the concerts every night.

Good pics and write-up. I'll have to make it out there one of these years.

Thanks for sharing those and glad to have you back! My hubby made the cross-country run to Sturgis a few years back...one day I'd like to say I went just for the hell of it. I'd like the run there and back more than anything else...he stayed at the Buffalo Chip as well; pretty sure I don't want to know what goes on there!
laugh.gif

Looks like a great time though...glad you got some respect, and I love your "60 hp boat anchor" comment!
ices_rofl.gif

Oh, and thanks for proof you can load up a Busa! Man...you had a bit of everything on the back of that bike...
cool.gif

Good to hear the buffalo hasn't changed. was in sturgis around 15 years ago and stayed at the buffalo... good times had by all whether you wanted it or not...
tounge.gif

I have always wanted to head out there for that, but always fear I'll have to pee in a bottle when I get back!
biggrin.gif
Looks like lots of fun and I can only imagine the things that happen there!

How well were you treated there?
rock.gif
I was treated fine... once I was off the bike hahahah
smile.gif
Seriously, there was one f*ck with about 6-8 friends that said something. I think it was "what the hell is that piece of S*it" to which I answered "its what you ride when your not a p*ssy and afriad to go fast" he just stood there with his beer and a bewildered look on his face.

That was the only seriously negative comment made in the entire time I was there, some people were interested in the bike...quite a few came up and said they always wanted to get one...most just ignored me... As far as my neighbors at the campground or anything like that they really dont care what you ride, just that you ride.

I stood out like a sore thumb too...I always wear gear and a helmet (actually I did go out one time into town without it (its 35mph all the way) but riding without a helment sucks, your friggin eyes water so bad you cant even see).

I was quite the hero at the dyno(had one of those dyno drag things) in front of full throttle saloon for an evening too
smile.gif

smile.gif

Back