On the way to lane splitting in Texas

To be honest I really do not expect this to make it. Not to mention you will not beable to split all the time just in High traffic and you will not be able to exceed a certain spped limit while doing it

I think that may be the only reason it owuld pass...only donein times of congestion and only 5 mph above traffic movement.

Not saying I would do it, but it would be nice if the option was there.

I think that may be the only reason it owuld pass...only donein times of congestion and only 5 mph above traffic movement.

Not saying I would do it, but it would be nice if the option was there.

Yeah I would not lane split in Austin, Dallas/FT.Worth, or Houston to many idiots.

I hope it passes...5mph over traffic under 20 mph might not seem like much, but at times when I got stuck in traffic during the I35 construction and traffic was at a crawl, that's about all I needed to do to keep mine outta the red. a little air flow makes all the difference.

I think it is a good idea but be extra careful for a while.

Watch the mirrors of cagers stuck in the traffic you are going thru! I have had one more than one occasion a door thrown open on me. Those that have been on the I-15 in SOCAL know about the raised dots instead of the white painted lines. Trying to stop and not hit the door is tough, but even tougher on the white dots. I used to have a Titanium spike in the reinforced knuckle covers on my gloves to "HELP" the cager understand just how upset they made me. :whistle:

For those of you that will try in, you will be amazed at how nerve racking it is, but at the same time you will not overheat yourself when you are in traffic that is not moving while wearing your gear. Good Luck Texas!

I hope this passes before I move to TX in April!! Its gonna be hard to not split after living in Cali for so many years. :thumbsup:

I hope this passes before I move to TX in April!! Its gonna be hard to not split after living in Cali for so many years. :thumbsup:

Living in SOCAL for almost 10 years and riding for 3 of that and them moving to MN where you CANT split is a BIOATCH!!!!!!! Hope for yours and the rest of the states sake it passes!

I bet I saved 3 years of life commuting on freeways in SoCal! I always used to get behind a CHP or LAPD motor officer and follow him for miles (they take their bikes home).
Moving to other states was painful in traffic....I hope it flys in Texas.
BTW, crash data analysis shows there are NO MORE auto vrs motorcycle accidents because of that law in California.

aaa 009.jpg

I'm from Texas...was stationed in Fresno Ca. for four years. I'll tell you what, when i heard you could do that there, i said no way. After about a month or so sitting in traffic it didn't take me long to get used to it. I had my fair share of idiots who wanted to squeeze me and honk at me but it was still worth it.

Trust me, when it passes here, you will be surprised how many times you will do it and wonder why they didn't pass it along time ago.

It kills me right now after being here for about a year now and how many times i wanted to move to the front of the line...trust me guys...it won't take you long to get used to it.

:laugh:

Back