On the way to lane splitting in Texas

No you have to worry about aggressive drivers who feel you are getting special treatment. I've seen other vehicles try to block, and cutoff cyclists who try to lane split at lights.

true true..watch it out there!

No you have to worry about aggressive drivers who feel you are getting special treatment. I've seen other vehicles try to block, and cutoff cyclists who try to lane split at lights.

Tell me something new :lol:

Texas folks need to go to their Senators page and send an email on SB-506

It may be legal. But I don't think I will do it. Just too dangerous here. Drivers just too crazy imo.
Posted via Mobile Device

I remember back when the Cali State HP recommended that motorcyclists ride @5mph faster then traffic as to stay moving within the flow,
instead of just sitting in traffic,
that way you force people to notice you...

Wonder if they still want that, lol...

I think lane splitting is illegal in NC...???

So, is it legal now? I see it's passed, but when does it take effect. I was stationed in California and loved lane splitting. :cheerleader:

Thanks
:laugh:

That's great, Haya :beerchug:. It's a great time saver in high traffic situations. I wish Missouri would consider the same; instead, they did away with the helmet law :banghead:

I've done it a few times, but the way most drivers act, I doubt I'll do it again, legal or not.

To be honest I really do not expect this to make it. Not to mention you will not beable to split all the time just in High traffic and you will not be able to exceed a certain spped limit while doing it

congrats...i wish IL would do this! fat chance though since they won't even let law abiding citizens carry a gun legally :deadhorse:

Back