Lane Splitting Alert/info Video For Wa And Or

It's legal to lane split over here in South Australia , so long as cars are stationary at the lights or whatever . Always done it anyways whether they're moving or not . There is no way am I riding around with the hordes of crazy bastards in my area if given any Busa size gap opportunity . Most are all driving some kind of armored all-terrain vehicle nowadays... that have never seen or been anywhere near dirt !!

It's legal to lane split over here in South Australia , so long as cars are stationary at the lights or whatever . Always done it anyways whether they're moving or not . There is no way am I riding around with the hordes of crazy bastards in my area if given any Busa size gap opportunity . Most are all driving some kind of armored all-terrain vehicle nowadays... that have never seen or been anywhere near dirt !!

Same in Victoria, up to 30kph, supposedly..
With the dumb arse instant lane changing mentality we have here of the cagers, it's too risky once they start moving.
But at the lights, hell yes I'll do it. Beats the hell out of watching the car coming up behind you seeing the idiot on their mobile.

I lane split for years
when I lived in So Ca .

Then when I moved
here in KY they
do not allow it .

That was hard
to get used to . . .

N2zvWAo.jpg

4CLbagh.jpg

I got stuck on a stopped up I44 in Missouri a couple of weeks ago. The 1397 started getting warm and traffic was basically stopped, moving 30 feet every couple of minutes, so I started to filter up through two lanes. I wasn't going over 5 or 7 mph and people were throwing fits, not because I was a danger but because I was making headway. It really should be legal nationwide. I grew up in California and I miss lane splitting during rush hour!

That is the one thing
besides the weather
and ocean I miss
about So Ca
is lane splitting !

13015.jpg

VEHICLE CODE - VEH
DIVISION 1. WORDS AND PHRASES DEFINED [100 - 681]

( Division 1 enacted by Stats. 1959, Ch. 3. )

(a) A “motorcycle” is a motor vehicle having a seat or saddle for the use of the rider,
designed to travel on not more than three wheels in contact with the ground.

(b) A motor vehicle that has four wheels in contact with the ground,
two of which are a functional part of a sidecar, is a motorcycle
if the vehicle otherwise comes within the definition of subdivision (a) .

(c) A farm tractor is not a motorcycle .

(d) A three-wheeled motor vehicle that otherwise meets the requirements of subdivision (a),
has a partially or completely enclosed seating area for the driver and passenger,
is used by local public agencies for the enforcement of parking control provisions,
and is operated at slow speeds on public streets, is not a motorcycle .

However, a motor vehicle described in this subdivision
shall comply with the applicable sections of this code
imposing equipment installation requirements on motorcycles .
(Amended by Stats. 2008, Ch. 672, Sec. 1. Effective January 1, 2009.)

(a) For the purposes of this section, “lane splitting” means driving a motorcycle, as defined in Section 400,
that has two wheels in contact with the ground, between rows of stopped or moving vehicles in the same lane,
including on both divided and undivided streets, roads, or highways.

(b) The Department of the California Highway Patrol may develop educational guidelines relating to lane splitting in a
manner that would ensure the safety of the motorcyclist and the drivers and passengers of the surrounding vehicles.

(c) In developing guidelines pursuant to this section, the department shall consult with agencies and organizations
with an interest in road safety and motorcyclist behavior, including, but not limited to, all of the following:

(1) The Department of Motor Vehicles.

(2) The Department of Transportation.

(3) The Office of Traffic Safety.

(4) A motorcycle organization focused on motorcyclist safety.

(Added by Stats. 2016, Ch. 141, Sec. 1. (AB 51) Effective January 1, 2017.)

Last edited:
the bill didn't even make it to a vote. the state CLEO had a meeting with some pencil neck at the capital and the legislation never made it to the floor.

I wish this was legal in Ga but I'd still be really leery of doing it anywhere but a stopped relight, these idiots around her dont look before changing lanes and sometimes I wonder if the car companies stopped equipping vehicles with blinkers and just didnt tell us. You're lucky to have somebody use their blinkers to make a turn much less a lane change. Bad thing is that most bikers around here dont use them either, it may not be of much use but I use them everytime I make a move. Filtering at red lights would be the biggest improvement since we have more rear end collisions here than any other kind

Back