Lane splitting in Texas?

gtrpimp76

S.Q.U.I.D. Extraordinaire
Donating Member
Registered
I've been reading random articles here and there that Texas is moving create a legislative bill allowing motorcyclists to split lanes but only if traffic is moving 20mph or slower and you can only ride 5mph faster than the flow. Has it been approved? I personally am "for" lane splitting. It's become a way of life for m/c's here in SoCal. Any Texas riders know of any truth to the laws of your state?

I us to split lanes in Dallas in the 80's..........Never A TICKET!
Pass Cops.......Be seen by Cops!
It was like they agreed with the Practice.
rock.gif

I've been reading random articles here and there that Texas is moving create a legislative bill allowing motorcyclists to split lanes but only if traffic is moving 20mph or slower and you can only ride 5mph faster than the flow. Has it been approved? I personally am "for" lane splitting. It's become a way of life for m/c's here in SoCal. Any Texas riders know of any truth to the laws of your state?
What I heard was that the idea was introduced recently, along with a long list of motor vehicle legislation, but did not pass in the end. I don't know if it will be reintroduced or not.

Did not go over.
You ever drive in Houston....? You wouldn't want to split lanes there.... I don't care what the law says.

I heard of that too, all I know is that Im going to be splitting the hell out of some lanes once the bike starts to get too heated

i heard that you could get the chair for jaywalkin !
biggrin.gif
dont know if id be misbehavin in TEXAS !
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

movin to tx gtr? to the land where busa guys get flirted with  
wink.gif
Actually Mikey, I was planning on a cross country ride next year and Texas was gonna be one of my stops. I've always wanted to try some of their world famous BBQ's (mainly the Brisquets). The women there are pretty nice lookin (but I can't touch cuz I'm married). I envied Ben a little bit so I figured why not visit Texas where real women like Busa Guys  
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|gtrpimp76
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129491027 -->

In Texas we only have part time legislators they get payed $7200.00 per year and they only meet every two years so if it failed this time it will be another two years before they meet..... That's right we are hard on the criminals.... and keep the politicians out of the state capital as much as possible..... so remember there is TEXAS then there is every place else......  Also I would agree... lane splitting won't go over well with the cowboys in their pickup trucks..... I can see it now.... oooo~weeee they will be breaking their necks trying to get the pistols out their boots to get a good shot at one of those damn lane splitting crimminals.....
guns.gif
 Get The Rope Boyz.... we got us a hang-en to attend to......

<!--EDIT|Tejas Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129496161 -->

well seein as I'm from Loooseana I know my way round a brisket pretty good. Hit me up for an e-mail or pm if you want tips/ tricks

I am just thankful I don't live in a heavily congested area. I hate traffic!
mad.gif

Back