Okay, I was being careless...

Relsek

Registered
I was working on a hump mod so I could store a spare face shield in it and apparently didn't have it securely mounted to the base. During a hard acceleration it just flew off and almost hit the rider behind me. It's a bit scratched up but not cracked. Does anyone have any ideas for a cool hump paint scheme?

<!--EDIT|Kevin Kesler
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098233849 -->

DCP_0027.JPG

How can you go riding!!! it is pouring rain here!!! and snowing in the mountains!!! don't you have any sympathy for us California folks!!!

Kevin.. the only idea that comes to mind is for you to paint a really really small face shield on the side of the hump…
biggrin.gif

How can you go riding!!! it is pouring rain here!!! and snowing in the mountains!!! don't you have any sympathy for us California folks!!!

Kevin.. the only idea that comes to mind is for you to paint a really really small face shield on the side of the hump…  
biggrin.gif
Didn't you go for a ride in Nevada while we were still dealing with hurricanes? (or the aftermath of hurricanes) I think it's only fair.
smile.gif

Are you talking about painting the whole bike...If not just paint it original and be done...
evil.gif

last year i was at the javits center for the bike show and i meet this guy that laser etches plastic he was selling our hump with the busa symbol cut in it with a neon background i thought it looked really cool just figured i would mention it joe
www.drastikplastik.com is the website

Sorry to hear about that..............glad you managed to retrieve the hump and it wasn't totally trashed!!!
blush.gif

Sucks man. Like Stunnah said, go with stock unless you are going to paint the whole bike.

last year i was at the javits center for the bike show and i meet this guy that laser etches plastic he was selling our hump with the busa symbol cut in it with a neon background i thought it looked really cool just figured i would mention it joe
www.drastikplastik.com is the website
They have these on ebay. But want over $600.00 for them. Pic 1

<!--EDIT|bs72069
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098261935 -->

glow.jpg

Does anybody know of a source for some matching paint that I may be able to use to repair it myself?
rock.gif

Guess what, I went there and the Purple is listed as "not yet available" Maybe I'll just get some of those bullet hole looking stickers and stick on it until I can get the paint.

Does this mean that if the bike had to be repainted, the paint is not available, or just not through Color Rite?
rock.gif

I would just put the seat on, but the hump is one of the coolest parts of the bike. I think I'd rather use a scratched hump than the seat.
wink.gif

Back