OK, you guys is it 617 or 671 grains

FloydV

Donating Member
Registered
Bullet weight for ma deuce (50 cal). 671 seems a bit heavy for .50 cal, but I could be wrong. I've seen both numbers and it seems like someone is transposing numbers.

Yeah, it's snowing outside and I've got a hell of a lot to do. BTW: how many of these could you buy for the $12 mil in ransom the shippers are willing to pay the pirates? IMHO if your not willing to fight for your property, then I don't care if you lose it or not.

Also, is there anyone who could make me the age of the gunner in the pic?
???

MaDeuce.jpg

You seem to have a good handle an knowledge whats the weight on the rounds on this one:rofl:

Attachments

• RedNeck.bmp
    632.9 KB · Views: 1,078
Damn! I'll search next time. How did you do the illustration of the search? It is impressive.

:rofl: Yeah I got owned by it a few months ago... Wish I could take credit for it.

But

Any time you see a question asked on a forum and you're kinda like... "why not google it?"

Just go to "let me google that for you" enter in the desired search and away ya go.

It's entertaining. :thumbsup:

Do you know what a gr. (grain) is? 1/7000 of a pound.

Yes, even drugs used to measured in grains. X number of grains in an aspirin.
Both powder and bullet weights are still measured in grains.

From looking at the search above, it looks like the weight could vary from 600 to 700 grains. So, either 617 or 671 could be right.

Yes, even drugs used to measured in grains. X number of grains in an aspirin.
Both powder and bullet weights are still measured in grains.

From looking at the search above, it looks like the weight could vary from 600 to 700 grains. So, either 617 or 671 could be right.

My only point is that the difference is so relatively small that it doesn't matter that much. .30 '06 payloads vary by that much. The propellant charge needs to be adjusted accordingly to keep pressures within limits of course.

Back