Any Airgunners Out There?

Pardini

Donating Member
Registered
I started my shooting days with a pump action Daisy BB Gun in 4th grade. Moved up to a Crosman multi pump repeater that would shoot BB's or pellets. Graduated to a .22 and 12 gauge in Jr. High.

Since then I've acquired a fair collection of things that shoot. Mostly Handguns, but also; Rifles, Shotguns Muzzle loaders and Paintball Guns. Still have fondness for Air Rifles and Pistols. I have a few nice Match style Air Pistols and several so so Air Rifles.

Recently got an FX Whisper in .22 cal. It's a PCP bolt action Rifle with a 12 round mag. Made in Sweden, not cheap, but it's sooo freakin' sweet! Synthetic thumbhole stock topped with a 4X16-50 Mil Dot side focus scope the accuracy is unbelievable. The barrel is unusual, what FX calls a smooth twist. It's a smooth bore, except at the muzzle it has some rifling swaged in from the outside of the barrel. I was skeptical, but guys are shooting 1/2 to 3/4 inch groups with them at 100 yards. I can easily get 36 full power shots of 880 FPS off a single charge. I haven't got outside with it at that distance yet, but it smacks swingers at 35 yards easily offhand and in the shop at 50 feet from a rest it will drill a fly. Next project, a silhouette range.

Next one is going to be a Shin Sung 9mm single shot. It will push cast bullets in the .356 to .358 dia. range to around 800 FPS depending on weight. Bad Azz :thumbsup: Don't know what I'll do with it yet, but gotta have one.

Anyone have a Big Bore Airgun? 9mm, .45 or a Fifty? Anything else air powered?

i have an air cannon that shoots tennis balls, but the fun cannon uses black powder and shoots golfballs:thumbsup:

bigbore airguns sound neat.

I graduated from an air gun to a pistol with a built in silencer (Srt Professional) my new weapon of choice, still like my Gamo though...

Wife bought me a Gamo Whisper for Xmas. First time I have owned a airgun since the old Crossman pump days. Boy have they come a long way!

SHERIDAN .20 cal air rifle here, i love it...good for pesky squirrels

BENJSHER.jpg

My wife and I used to compete in smallbore competions, .22 caliber 3 and 4 position target shooting. Was pretty good too, but finally got bored with it (too bad cause we had tons of money into it).

I have had air rifles/pistols for years. We're not allowed real gunz here in Canada.:laugh:

Its fun to have 4 or 5 inebriated buddy's shootin beer cans in the driveway at 2 Am. RARELYhave the cops been called.:whistle::beerchug:

I have this old Winchester break barrel 22 that can hit a dime,swinging on a string at 60 feet.

I also have this Walther 177 with lazer sight. Its got the cool lazer sight, thou,it doesn't put a dot on your target,you just see the dot thru the scope.Deadly accurate.

I have 6 or 7 other ones too. Fun shi7 for the garage.

Have fun plinkin' boyz...

RSD.

I started my shooting days with a pump action Daisy BB Gun in 4th grade. Moved up to a Crosman multi pump repeater that would shoot BB's or pellets. Graduated to a .22 and 12 gauge in Jr. High.

Since then I've acquired a fair collection of things that shoot. Mostly Handguns, but also; Rifles, Shotguns Muzzle loaders and Paintball Guns. Still have fondness for Air Rifles and Pistols. I have a few nice Match style Air Pistols and several so so Air Rifles.

Recently got an FX Whisper in .22 cal. It's a PCP bolt action Rifle with a 12 round mag. Made in Sweden, not cheap, but it's sooo freakin' sweet! Synthetic thumbhole stock topped with a 4X16-50 Mil Dot side focus scope the accuracy is unbelievable. The barrel is unusual, what FX calls a smooth twist. It's a smooth bore, except at the muzzle it has some rifling swaged in from the outside of the barrel. I was skeptical, but guys are shooting 1/2 to 3/4 inch groups with them at 100 yards. I can easily get 36 full power shots of 880 FPS off a single charge. I haven't got outside with it at that distance yet, but it smacks swingers at 35 yards easily offhand and in the shop at 50 feet from a rest it will drill a fly. Next project, a silhouette range.

Next one is going to be a Shin Sung 9mm single shot. It will push cast bullets in the .356 to .358 dia. range to around 800 FPS depending on weight. Bad Azz :thumbsup: Don't know what I'll do with it yet, but gotta have one.

Anyone have a Big Bore Airgun? 9mm, .45 or a Fifty? Anything else air powered?

I LOVE airguns.
Thinking about buying a Marauder .22 for my son and either a Daystate Air Ranger .22 or an FX Royale 400 .22 for me. I hunt with my airguns.

Sold a few, have a Career 707 .22, AA Pro Elite .22, and an AA TX200 .177 that has been tuned.
My son has an RWS mod 34 , .177.

We hunt ground squirrels and pigeons.

If you want to tell me more about your T12, I am all ears. May buy one. :cheerleader::cheerleader:

Got an old QB-88 (aka TF-88).177 Chinese air rifle that I've had forever.
Norconia_2_QB88.jpg

Knock tree rats (squirrels) down all day long.

I am known as the chipmunk crusifier at my house. Shoot at least 30 to 40 a summer. Got about an acre of land. Couldnt tell you the name of my rifle but got it at Meijer for 45 dollars with a scope :rofl::rofl:

been needing something more powerful though. For some odd reason my scope will not tighten anymore and so my shots are off at 100 feet by about an inch. Stupid chipmunks just sit there with bullets wizzin by their heads laughin at me.:poke:

i got this in the e-mail the other day. thought it went right along with this thread.
- Lewis Clark Air Rifle[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
I LOVE airguns.
Thinking about buying a Marauder .22 for my son and either a Daystate Air Ranger .22 or an FX Royale 400 .22 for me. I hunt with my airguns.

Sold a few, have a Career 707 .22, AA Pro Elite .22, and an AA TX200 .177 that has been tuned.
My son has an RWS mod 34 , .177.

We hunt ground squirrels and pigeons.

If you want to tell me more about your T12, I am all ears. May buy one. :cheerleader::cheerleader:

I love anything that shoots, very fond of Airguns. This weekend I'm going the the Pacific Airgun Expo in Roseville CA. A Gun Show for airguns I think.

I intended to buy the Marauder. The reviews were good. I called Airguns of Arizona to get their opinion. Talked to Pip?, he turned me on to the FX. Said for the money the Marauder was best at the price point, but for the extra bucks the FX was a huge step up. They have sold a ton of the Marauders and have had a few disappointed customers. Mostly guys that are into the higher end stuff. Just that the accuracy wasn't quite there. Said that the FX with the smooth twist barrel would group much tighter at longer ranges. He wasn't trying to talk me out of the Marauder, just explaining the options. Must have talked on the phone for close to an hour. His suggestion was buy the .25 Marauder because it was the only one with a Walther made barrel and shot better due to it. Not that the others were terrible just a noticeable notch below.

I was skeptical of the smooth twist barrel. A smoothbore from the breech, The muzzle has rifling swaged in from the outside in the last several inches. I told him thanks for the info, I'd think about it. The theory is that the pellet skirt isn't deformed, by the time it hits the rifling it's perfectly centered in the bore. Since the rifling is smooth it doesn't engrave in to the pellet like traditional rifling would. That's what lets the pellet stabilize better over longer ranges. Less deformation to the pellet. I think it must be something like the polygonal rifling in the Glock.

Went and researched the FX T12 Whisper. Found some pretty incredible Vids and groups. Hundred yard groups that were hard to believe. So after a few weeks I called AOA back, ordered the FX in .22. Got the Mark II option, larger air reservoir and a pressure gauge. They test fire every gun before they ship it, so they know how it groups before it goes out the door. They send the 10 shot chrono print out and the test group too. They also test pellets as well so they know what each gun likes, in this case JSB Exacts, 15.x grains and 18.x grains.

I put a Hawk Eclipse 4-16x 50 SF scope with an illuminated mil dot reticule on it. It's every bit as accurate as I hoped it would be. In my shop at 50' I make a dot on the paper with a fine point Sharpie. Punch the dot with the first shot, then put a second shot thru the first hole. In most cases no one would believe it's a two shot group. I haven't set up outside yet to shoot groups but it's deadly on my swinger targets off hand at about fifty yards.

The barrel is shrouded so it's very quiet, synthetic thumbhole stock with adjustable butt pad. Twelve shot mag in .22. The bolt action is smooth, the two stage trigger is very good. The extra mags are crazy expensive. Can run two mags through it with almost no drop off from the point of aim. The third mag through drops off ever so slightly from point of aim on paper but still headshot capable for hunting. After 36 shots-it needs to be recharged. It charges like the Marauder with a probe. Scary the first few times because only the o rings and the pressure keep the probe locked in place. Just seems like that 3200 psi should blow that probe out of the res like a rocket, but not even a hint of a leak.

I've got a 4500 psi breathing air compressor and several scubas so the fun never ends. It's a fantastic gun, I'm extremely pleased with it. Now I want the Semi Auto version of it, but it's twice the price of the bolt gun.

The other gun I want is the Shin Sung Career Fire 202 in 9mm. I cast a dozen different bullets in .356 to .358. That gun will push those cast bullets to 700 to 800 fps. It's loud!! Too much for my 2.5 acres:laugh: my .218 Bee or .25/20 probably have less report.

Daystates are awesome, so is the Royale, but I think it's on the heavy side isn't it? Oops no they're not 6.5 pounds.

I'll post up any new toys I discover at the Expo.:thumbsup:

Back