• Synthetic

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
going to use mobil 1

but why[ Mobile 1 15/50 ] over 10/40?
thanks for the info beerchug.gif

amsoil is probably ...... IMO....... the best syn. oil your gonna get your hands on

I use Mobile 1 15/50 but change the oil about every 5000 K. I use 5/30 in the car and change every 10000 K.
I change it more often in the bike because of it being used for the tranny gears and the high revs. I don't know if its really necessary though. I guess I just feel better.

If you like your clutch to hook up and never slip, use what the manufacturer says to use. And that's not synthetic. I cannot, in over 30 years of riding, remember anyone ever having a problem that had to do with the type of oil they were running.

Old thread, but I've used the fully synthetic after the first oil change. Used the Castrol MTX, but now I'm using the Maxima4 race synthetic oil. So far...so good.

When you guys are talking about Mobil synthetic, are you talking about car oil? Does your clutch slip? I'm now curious. I searched the topic and no one mentions slippage unless it is a "energy saving" auto oil with friction modifiers. Could someone clear this up for me? I think I just confused myself.

(Moparict @ Feb. 15 2007,19:00) When you guys are talking about Mobil synthetic, are you talking about car oil?  Does your clutch slip?  I'm now curious.  I searched the topic and no one mentions slippage unless it is a "energy saving" auto oil with friction modifiers.  Could someone clear this up for me?  I think I just confused myself.
there is one for motorcycles also,made for wet clutch.
the auto parts store carys it. 11.99$ a quart

any1 ever heard of klotz?!?! oil, im gonna change mine before heading to the gap, would like to know whats best, cause the guy i deal with here in town, only has that

(boazalmighty @ Feb. 28 2007,23super.gif) any1 ever heard of klotz?!?! oil,  im gonna change mine before heading to the gap,  would like to know whats best,  cause the guy i deal with here in town, only has that
Yep  , it's good oil . Use it with confidence that your using " one " of the best  available .

When that one company does those oil comparison tests from time to time , mountainmotor figures his opinion on the reason they omit comparing/including any of the 4 oils I consistently recommend and use , might not just be dreamed up  wow.gif biggrin.gif

I just switched over to Silkolene, will let you know when she gets back on the road. But I am curious about you guys using Mobile 1 15/50 Let us know more about your time using it.

The Mobil 1 15w-50 does not have the "energy conserving" additives. The viscosity is close to most bike makers specs or at least in their recommendations for alternative viscosities.

It is also "maggot" tested and approved. beerchug.gif

zalto

i'm surprised to see this thread and not one mention of Royal Purple

Full synthetic for sure... Bike and car.. Work truck left overs.. LOL

(redkat05 @ Mar. 08 2007,19:11) i'm surprised to see this thread and not one mention of Royal Purple
Show me where its any good for the clutches?? Had it offered to me for free and passed theres no proof that I've seen yet?

Going to run Sozook syn. this time and in the future Suzook syn. again..

(redkat05 @ Mar. 08 2007,11:11) i'm surprised to see this thread and not one mention of Royal Purple
Is there something wrong with Royal Purple? I have four qts. of it in my shop. But I went with the silkolene because I had more info on it.

(FastBusa @ Mar. 09 2007,03:34)
(redkat05 @ Mar. 08 2007,11:11) i'm surprised to see this thread and not one mention of Royal Purple
Is there something wrong with Royal Purple? I have four qts. of it in my shop. But I went with the silkolene because I had more info on it.
No nothing wrong with it, I just havn't seen were anyone has said it works well with the wet clutches..

Royal Purple is very good oil as far as I know.. wink.gif

i am buying a busa today that has 30K miles on it, and i have no idea what kind of oil is/was in it. I'm going to change it. what should i use? i've read mobile 1 or Amsoil but does it matter weather it's for a car or motorcycle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back