Oh **ck, it's the 1198 Duck.....

gunmetalbusa

Registered
A friend of mine is thinking very seriously about buying a New 1198 Ducati.
I Wiki 'ed up the performance on this monster and was dumbfounded. I know these are manufacturer claims but,...170 hp and 97 torque at 381 pound for the S model, and 180 hp and 98 torque for the R model. Crap... I love my Gen I Busa, and I'd like to think (dream) it could hang, but the numbers even if inflated are going to present a formidable challenge to The King. I hate to say it, but I think this new Ducati will hand it to us Gen I's and Gen II's even those who are heavily moded.

Ducati's are pretty cool,... it just pisses me off to a slight degree. This isn't even counting the handling advantages and traction control offered by Ducati.

Thoughts anyone. Tell me we have a chance....

Look closely at the price of the "S" and especially the "R' model Ducati. Now figure the difference in these prices and the MSRP of a GSXR1000. What would the effect of the mods this price difference would buy, have on the afore mentioned Gixxer 1K? Or better yet, a new big bang R1?

Look closely at the price of the "S" and especially the "R' model Ducati. Now figure the difference in these prices and the MSRP of a GSXR1000. What would the effect of the mods this price difference would buy, have on the afore mentioned Gixxer 1K? Or better yet, a new big bang R1?

That would be one bad ass Gixxer, $10k for the bike & $20k worth of mods and engine work:thumbsup:

I suppose my concern is nothing a big bore kit or turbo couldn't easily solve, if he gets one he's gonna want to race. I'm 60 pounds lighter than him on a stock Gen I, I wonder if I'm within reasonable mods of hanging? I'm told a good exhaust and power commander can gain you 15 hp, and I want carbon wheels which would help put some more power to the ground, but my bike and rider would still be 50 pounds heavier, so I don't know.

Turbo, or bigbore,,,,,uhmmmm.....:whistle:

thats like asking how much faster your bud's light-speed ufo is than yours... they are both LIGHT SPEED...

I got my Busa for me...
... not to impress anyone.

I almost bought a Duc a while back, but sitting on a rubberized piece of cardboard really changed my decision. They are great TQ bikes tho...

...there will ALWAYS be something bigger or badder out there. :bowdown:

Don't care to much about the #'s or the speed difference I wouldn't trade my Busa for a faster or better handling bike. Duck's, R-1's or even the gixxer 1K..
Busa to me will still be the best all around bike can put 500 miles in a day and still want to ride it some more. And as for road racing that s for people with a lot of skill or a lot of money or both.:laugh: kinda leaves me out. I don't see to many video's with ducks doing top end runs though:whistle:

What the heck is a Ducati ????...are there other motorcycles besides a Hayabusa ????...... :oldcool: I guess I've never slowed down long enough to look....... :super:

If all you are going to do is compare bikes based on power levels, you are going to be unhappy a lot.. The Duck and the Busa are from two different worlds.. One is a race bred, ultra hi tech bleeding edge bike and the other is 10 year old technology (that is affordable to the rest of the world)

What will really depress you is that most of the liter bikes are making at least as much power as the busa now days and are 100 pounds or more lighter.. but again, try to ride it across the state.. :laugh:

The Duck is no more a touring bike than the Busa is a road race bike..

I really like them both.. You just need a full bag cruiser to complete your stable :)

This is actually a good thing. Encourage him to buy it, and after he's owned it for a while the two of you should go on a nice little ride (nothing competitive, just a pleasure ride). Part way through the ride ask to trade bikes for a little while. I'm not a betting man, but I'm thinkin' that after a test ride you'll be glad you kept your busa, and he'll be wishin' he had bought a busa as well. My point? On the street the busa is one helluva all around ride. The busa has better ergos than the superbikes, good gas mileage, power everywhere, and looks damn sezzy. While the Duc is an amazing machine the ergos and nuiances associated with everyday street riding most probably will not weigh in its favor, regardless of any specs or performance advantages is may/may not have.

Oh, and make sure to report back your thoughts for the rest of us... :beerchug:

D

LMAO ewwwww thats an ugly bike sorry 21 k to own an ugly bike no thanks my busa is a work of art, to be both feared and adored, at 21k how many people will even own one?

Back