Obama's speech angers Israel

Rainbow please tell me :wtf: Arab collaboration with the Nazis sixty years ago has to do with their right to live peacefully now? You do know American bankers and loans financed the Nazi war machine right? Are those who did that sixty years ago just as bad or is it just the Arabs?
Israel has never once been penalized for any of the UN resolutions levied against them.
If you want to talk about terrorism look at Jews and what they did during the British occupation of Palestine. Several former Israeli leaders have even been charged with war crimes and have outstanding warrants against them. Not all are just innocent victims of Arab aggression. When attitudes such as yours go away there may be hope but as long as you think Israel can never do wrong and the Arabs always are nothing will change.

But anyway none of that has anything to do with illegal settlements and noses thumbed at the world ignoring Intl laws.

It's about time the playing field was leveled and BOTH sides held accountable to same standards. We cannot keep seeing one side as more guilty than the other as both are just as guilty when it comes down to it.

Not trying to cause a ruckus I promise, but I am curious what you think should be done? I can tell you that unemployment benefits have been record highs over the last two or three years. People are being given mortgage modifications, two and three times, lowering payments by thousands of dollars. I think you can only do so much. Personally I don't think any of this aid should have been given. We as Americans don't appreciate anything we are given and 90% of these people receiving aid are pos that will always be indebted with bad credit and living off of the next scam that they can think of. I look at it like this, foreign aid we get back one way or another, aid to these winners here doesn't get us anything else but in debt. :rant:

I do not have all the right answers, but I would like to see the national debt greatly reduced, or even wiped away. This could take decades, but we need to start somewhere. I heard a figure the other day that for every dollar that our government spends, 40 cents of that is borrowed.

There is a lot of wrong in our government right now, more than there is right. I say take that 1 billion back and build a fence along the Mexico border so the farmers/residents down there can sleep at night. Also, start a standard rotation for military (I am active duty) to patrol the fence line. I do not mind immigration, but I do not want the criminals from another country walking around in my neighborhood.

Protect our own land/assets, then move on to help others when our house is clean.

Just my opinion on where to start.

Just out of curiosity, why do we need to protect/support Israel’s right to exist where they do? What do we get out of the deal? I remember Bush and other conservatives making statements about protecting Israel. In conversations with friends (mostly conservatives), they support Israel as a nation but dislike Jewish people. I have heard that Israel stabilizes the Middle East. I find that funny because the Middle East doesn’t look stable. Terrorism is on the rise, so they aren’t helping in that arena.

Don’t get me wrong, I think Israel can handle themselves against every country over there. I don’t see any of them uniting against Israel, too much secular fighting.

So other than keep control of Jerusalem out of the hands of Muslims, why is it important to help or support Israel?

Rainbow please tell me :wtf: Arab collaboration with the Nazis sixty years ago has to do with their right to live peacefully now? You do know American bankers and loans financed the Nazi war machine right? Are those who did that sixty years ago just as bad or is it just the Arabs?
Israel has never once been penalized for any of the UN resolutions levied against them.
If you want to talk about terrorism look at Jews and what they did during the British occupation of Palestine. Several former Israeli leaders have even been charged with war crimes and have outstanding warrants against them. Not all are just innocent victims of Arab aggression. When attitudes such as yours go away there may be hope but as long as you think Israel can never do wrong and the Arabs always are nothing will change.

But anyway none of that has anything to do with illegal settlements and noses thumbed at the world ignoring Intl laws.

It's about time the playing field was leveled and BOTH sides held accountable to same standards. We cannot keep seeing one side as more guilty than the other as both are just as guilty when it comes down to it.

puckin' eh Blanca, puckin' eh!

well said

cheers
ken

I think if I had to "choose" a side, and in this case the US does....I'd choose Israel. We've tried to make friends with them both, but if the crap hits the fan it had better be Israel.

Rainbow please tell me :wtf: Arab collaboration with the Nazis sixty years ago has to do with their right to live peacefully now?

Blanca, the Arabs have been trying to kill the Jews since before WWII. The whole issue of "Palestine" is simply an Arab propaganda tool. The people who lived in that region prior to the formation of the State of Israel were considered to be either Syrians or Jordanians. There is no such country as "Palestine", nor is there an historic, ethnically distinct people known as "Palestinians".

A quote from Walid Shoebat: "As I lived in Palestine, everyone I knew could trace their heritage back to the original country their great grandparents came from. Everyone knew their origin was not from the Canaanites, but ironically, this is the kind of stuff our education in the Middle East included. The fact is that today's Palestinians are immigrants from the surrounding nations! I grew up well knowing the history and origins of today's Palestinians as being from Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Christians from Greece, muslim Sherkas from Russia, muslims from Bosnia, and the Jordanians next door. ".

“Why is it that on June 4th 1967 I was a Jordanian and overnight I became a Palestinian?”

“We did not particularly mind Jordanian rule. The teaching of the destruction of Israel was a definite part of the curriculum, but we considered ourselves Jordanian until the Jews returned to Jerusalem. Then all of the sudden we were Palestinians - they removed the star from the Jordanian flag and all at once we had a Palestinian flag”.

And this:

"It is only for political reasons that we carefully underline our Palestinian identity... yes, the existence of a separate Palestinian identity serves only tactical purposes. The founding of a Palestinian state is a new tool in the continuing battle against Israel".

- Zuhair Muhsin, military commander of the PLO and member of the PLO Executive Council

Or this:

"There is not a solitary village throughout its whole extent (valley of Jezreel, Galilea); not for thirty miles in either direction... One may ride ten miles hereabouts and not see ten human beings. For the sort of solitude to make one dreary, come to Galilee... Nazareth is forlorn... Jericho lies a mouldering ruin... Bethlehem and Bethany, in their poverty and humiliation... untenanted by any living creature... A desolate country whose soil is rich enough, but is given over wholly to weeds... a silent, mournful expanse... a desolation... We never saw a human being on the whole route... Hardly a tree or shrub anywhere. Even the olive tree and the cactus, those fast friends of a worthless soil had almost deserted the country... Palestine sits in sackcloth and ashes... desolate and unlovely...".

- Mark Twain, "The Innocents Abroad", 1867

The point being that the lands that currently constitute Israel were largely lived in by a mere handful of itinerant Arabs, not permanent settlers.

The few Arabs who actually lived there either abandoned the land when Israel was formed, or sold it to the Jews...but now they and their descendants are demanding that it be returned to them! - Too bad!

The Arab nations around Israel, particularly Jordan, have more than enough land and money to take in the so-called "Palestinians" and give them a place within their own society. But they don't want to because it serves their interests to have a poor, ill-educated, violent and angry group of people to use as anti-Israeli propaganda.

As for them siding with the Nazis, well, if you choose the side of evil, which they did, then you and your children will reap what you have sown...and it is entirely your own fault. If these "Palestinian" leaders would be honest with themselves, they might come to the conclusion that they have brought all of this on their own heads.

At the end of the day, this is entirely a religious matter. - Islam vs Judaism. Now, I've never seen Jews beheading people/bombing churches/holding schoolchildren hostage/flying jetliners into buildings, and calling for the establishment of a worldwide Judaic State...but I have seen the Islamists doing this. I have also never heard the Israelis saying that they want to "Wipe 'Palestine' off the map", but I have heard the "Palestinians" saying that about Israel.

Israel is 1/10th of 1% of all of the land in the Middle East...yet the Arabs can't give up some of their land to their "Muslim brothers". Israel is not the problem here.

I agree that Israel isn't perfect...but if 6 million of your relatives had been murdered simply because of their religion, you too might take a fairly hard-line attitude toward your survival.

Israel is the sole democracy within the Middle East. Israeli Muslims have the same rights as all other citizens, are allowed to vote and be represented within the Knesset. - How many Jews have those same rights within Arab countries?

Israel is more than happy to let those people live in peace...but those people don't want to live in peace. It is as simple as that.

I support Israel now and always, and don't apologise for it.

ObamaIsrael.jpg

ObamaIsrael.jpg

R7, if there was a way to like a post more than once, i'd have done it already. well spoken. er, typed.

Idiot. Isreal isn't gonna give up squat until the Palestinians acknowledge Israel's right to exist.

What right to exist, history will show you that the 'country' was set up by expatriate terrorists in 1948. Everything since then has been political spin underwritten by faceless 'bankers' in the US.

What right to exist, history will show you that the 'country' was set up by expatriate terrorists in 1948. Everything since then has been political spin underwritten by faceless 'bankers' in the US.

Good luck with that one....

Hard to argue with fact.

As you choose to see it. Read Rainbow 7's about 5 posts up - I happen to accept that as fact, and so do a majority of Americans. Hamas and the PLO get ZERO sympathy from me. It's a shame the Palistinian people are led by such fools.

My personal opinion...We need to stop the whole "global police" BS. If it involves us, fine. But if its just a power trip to say "hey the US says blah blah" thats just garbage. And Obama..are you effn insane son? You understand that the majority of the nations opinion on Israel is support? Get out of other peoples cheerios. Be the president of the USA...and stop trying to be the president of Earth. /end rant

My personal opinion...We need to stop the whole "global police" BS. If it involves us, fine.

Dude, everything involves the US, eventually. If the Muslim Brotherhood are allowed to establish an Islamic super-State that covers the whole of the Middle East and half of Africa, the entire world is in trouble.

Are you old enough to remember the Cold War? - One billion people were locked into slavery behind the Iron Curtain.
Now picture that same number of people under the control of the Taliban.

No sir..I came a few years later. Im a 1976er. And I can only imagine that it was terrible. But my personal opinion is still the same.

I do very much respect your opinion, because I believe everyone really is entitled to their own opinion. Whether or not I agree with it.

Call me a conspiracy theorist or anti-patriotic etc. But through the course of my life I have learned NOT to trust this government. How many people were killed in Vietnam?...it is now known that it was a LIE that they used to get us into the war. I also do not believe the story of 9/11, OR the recent death of Osama Bin Laden..and most definately his `religious burial at sea` So no, I don`t trust that they have OUR best interests at heart.

If you notice...there always has to be a `demon` an `evil` that `forces` if you will, us to back and support the governments decisions to do these things. The Cold War as you mentioned is a perfect example. So was Vietnam..So was Russia...so was Bin Laden...and now the Taliban.

But as I said...this is simply my opinion. :beerchug:

Back