Prime Minister snubbed by Obama?

No Chris, I dont believe that he came up with the idea for the gift. I honestly dont believe that he came up with even half of the other issues that you listed. The President is nothing more than a puppet. Bush was so was Clinton. Nothing more than a fall guy for the political parties. Look at Bush, everyone wanted to go to war after the 9/11 attack. When the media made it unpopular, he was the fall guy. When things were going good in the Bush camp, everyone but Bush got the credit. Same thing will happen with Obama. The media will never again let a President maintain a positive approval rating.

Give me a break, the Newsweek article mentions the same speculation but the Political Carnival is editoral not news. You can always find something critical if that is what you are looking for.

99 I provided my source, sorry for not doing it up front, if something about it is untrue as you stated please direct me to what you are refereing to.

I said it was wasn't completely true. In other words the Obama people are making it seems no big deal just something that's always done. No that's not true. Usually when a gift is given to the WH it's graciously accepted. This was originally given to Bush after the 9/11 incident. When Obama took over they graciously extended it to him and said he can keep it.

Here is where it gets rude (if you will). Obama could have accepted this gift and just moved it to another of the dozen rooms in the WH but instead said take it back and had it removed from the premises.

Now let me ask you. AND BE HONEST!!!

If the Prime Minister of Great Britain gave you a gift that was worth hundreds of thousands of dollars....would you say no thank you and give it back OR say "Thank you very much." But put it in another room if you don't like it.

YOU CAN NOT TELL ME THIS WAS NOT MAKING SOME KIND OF POINT.

No Chris, I dont believe that he came up with the idea for the gift. I honestly dont believe that he came up with even half of the other issues that you listed. The President is nothing more than a puppet. Bush was so was Clinton. Nothing more than a fall guy for the political parties. Look at Bush, everyone wanted to go to war after the 9/11 attack. When the media made it unpopular, he was the fall guy. When things were going good in the Bush camp, everyone but Bush got the credit. Same thing will happen with Obama. The media will never again let a President maintain a positive approval rating.

The media is strongly liberal. They have been up Obama's butt since he announced his condidancy. They have been lobbying FOR him all along. They even take credit for him being elected.

This is still the honeymoon faze. I only HOPE that the mass media will eventually see the destuction going on and finally start asking questions and calling him to the carpet on some of these issues.

honestly I am a nobody so it would mean a lot more to me.

However I have only read that it was loaned, and gifts are not loaned, that said you are right he could have just moved it.

Diplomatic gift giving means much more to the press than the diplomats themselves.
Posted via Mobile Device

honestly I am a nobody so it would mean a lot more to me.

However I have only read that it was loaned, and gifts are not loaned, that said you are right he could have just moved it.

Diplomatic gift giving means much more to the press than the diplomats themselves.
Posted via Mobile Device

True it was loaned. Which is why they wanted to let Obama know that they are happy for him to hold on to it too. I feel like you do here. It probably means less to him but politically speaking it was a gesture from one of our allies in an act of kindness. I'm sure the dollar value means little to Great Britain compared to sentiment behind it.

Kinda like sticking your hand out to shake someone's hand and they just look at you and turn away.

Where I'm stumped here is why?

I suppose if you accept it as a snub then the idea that Churchill's actions in Kenya may have had something to do with it is plausable. The western world has a pretty bad track record in terms of it's dealings with the African continent. Eventually it will become evident. I recommend the movie Hotel Rwanda for an idea of how we civilized countries turned our backs on Africa.
Posted via Mobile Device

I suppose if you accept it as a snub then the idea that Churchill's actions in Kenya may have had something to do with it is plausable. The western world has a pretty bad track record in terms of it's dealings with the African continent. Eventually it will become evident. I recommend the movie Hotel Rwanda for an idea of how we civilized countries turned our backs on Africa.
Posted via Mobile Device
ok so now it is ok he is holding a grudge about something that happened back when we made blacks ride the back of the bus and he was not even born yet..... (if not worse) no, nothing has changed in 50 years... yea you are right and so was Obobo

Last edited:
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes. I've seen that show. PLEASE don't get me wrong. I'm NOT trying to take an act of the President and shine a snub light on it. I'm honestly being "bipartisin":laugh: here.

I don't WANT to not like him. I truly wish he would be a good President. After all he's all we got for 4 years at least. I personally am affected by alot of what he's doing and it concerns me.

I did not say it was ok. I am not even saying I agree with 99. I was simply trying to offer a possible explaniationto his asking why. That said our exploitation and disregaurd for the suffering in Africa is well documented.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes. I've seen that show. PLEASE don't get me wrong. I'm NOT trying to take an act of the President and shine a snub light on it. I'm honestly being "bipartisin":laugh: here.

I don't WANT to not like him. I truly wish he would be a good President. After all he's all we got for 4 years at least. I personally am affected by alot of what he's doing and it concerns me.

I hear you brother, I think we all are. I hope it is like cough medicine, tastes bad when you get it but really does you good it the long run.
Posted via Mobile Device

I hear you brother, I think we all are. I hope it is like cough medicine, tastes bad when you get it but really does you good it the long run.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well it's all we have to hope for. Historically speaking he's giving us a batch of cough medicine that was recalled a long time ago:laugh:

This Guy is Bad NEWS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karma. What goes around comes around. WE NEED the support of our Fellow Allies............Especially when the **** Hits the FAN !!!!!!!

Other than that, I am Just :tiptoe:

UPDATE:

It was 25 DVD's that Obama and Mrs. Obama hand picked out. They included E.T. and STAR WARS.

I'm sure he had never seen those before

Back