Obama's citizenship

StromBusa

Registered
Latest email: (unconfirmed)

VERY QUIETLY OBAMA'S CITIZENSHIP CASE REACHES THE SUPREME COURT

AP - WASHINGTON D.C. -
In a move certain to fuel the debate over Obama's qualifications for the presidency, the group "Americans for Freedom of Information" has Released copies of President Obama's college transcripts from Occidental College. Released today, the transcript school indicates that Obama, under the name Barry Soetoro, received financial aid as a foreign student from Indonesia as an undergraduate. The transcript was released by Occidental College in compliance with a court order in a suit brought by the group in the Superior Court of California. The transcript shows that Obama (Soetoro) applied for financial aid and was awarded a fellowship for foreign students from the Fulbright Foundation Scholarship program. To qualify, for the scholarship, a student must claim foreign citizenship.
This document would seem to provide the smoking gun that many of Obama's detractors have been seeking. Along with the evidence that he was first born in Kenya and there is no record of him ever applying for US citizenship, this is looking pretty grim. The news has created a firestorm at the White House as the release casts increasing doubt about Obama's legitimacy and qualification to serve as President article titled, "Obama Eligibility Questioned," leading some to speculate that the story may overshadow economic issues on Obama's first official visit to the U.K. In a related matter, under growing pressure from several groups, Justice Antonin Scalia announced that the Supreme Court agreed on Tuesday to hear arguments concerning Obama's legal eligibility to serve as President in a case brought by Leo Donofrio of New Jersey. This lawsuit claims Obama's dual citizenship disqualified him from serving as president. Donofrio's case is just one of 18 suits brought by citizens demanding proof of Obama's citizenship or qualification to serve as president.

Gary Kreep of the United States Justice Foundation has released the results of their investigation of Obama's campaign spending. This study estimates that Obama has spent upwards of $950,000 in campaign funds in the past year with eleven law firms in 12 states for legal resources to block disclosure of any of his personal records. Mr. Kreep indicated that the investigation is still ongoing but that the final report will be provided to the U..S. attorney general, Eric Holder. Mr. Holder has refused to comment on the matter...

LET OTHER FOLKS KNOW THIS NEWS, THE MEDIA WON'T !

Subject: RE: Issue of Passport?

While I've little interest in getting in the middle of the Obama birth issue, Paul Hollrah over at FSM did so yesterday and believes the issue can be resolved by Obama answering one simple question: What passport did he use when he was shuttling between New York , Jakarta , and Karachi ?

So how did a young man who arrived in New York in early June 1981, without the price of a hotel room in his pocket, suddenly come up with the price of a round-the-world trip just a month later?

And once he was on a plane, shuttling between New York , Jakarta , and Karachi , what passport was he offering when he passed through Customs and Immigration?

The American people not only deserve to have answers to these questions, they must have answers. It makes the debate over Obama's citizenship a rather short and simple one.

Q: Did he travel to Pakistan in 1981, at age 20?
A : Yes, by his own admission.

Q: What passport did he travel under?
A: There are only three possibilities.
1) He traveled with a U.S... Passport,
2) He traveled with a British passport, or
3) He traveled with an Indonesia passport.

Q: Is it possible that Obama traveled with a U.S. Passport in 1981?
A: No. It is not possible. Pakistan was on the U.S... State Department's "no travel" list in 1981.

Conclusion: When Obama went to Pakistan in 1981 he was traveling either with a British passport or an Indonesian passport.

If he were traveling with a British passport that would provide proof that he was born in Kenya on August 4, 1961, not in Hawaii as he claims. And if he were traveling with an Indonesian passport that would tend to prove that he relinquished whatever previous citizenship he held, British or American, prior to being adopted by his Indonesian step-father in 1967.

Whatever the truth of the matter, the American people need to know how he managed to become a "natural born" American citizen between 1981 and 2008..

Given the destructive nature of his plans for America, as illustrated by his speech before Congress and the disastrous spending plan he has presented to Congress, the sooner we learn the truth of all this, the better.

"Given the destructive nature of his plans for America"......

PUH-LEASE....just looking to :stirpot:! Crap like this makes me ill...

Well...???
Wow...

All I can say about travel and passports is that even though you may be a citizen of one country sometimes you might want to travel with a different one.
There are dual citizens and folks who hold legally even more.
There are Arab Americans who regularly travel to Israel with American passports but use their home country passports when they go home or to other Muslim countries.
To be an Arab from anywhere and try to enter Israel with a Syrian stamp on your passport causes undue concern. Now try going back into Syria with your Syrian passport which now has an Israeli stamp on it.
Nope..........gonna be there for hours.

Many of the countries you will visit will stamp a separate piece of paper and put in into your passport so as to not cause problems later down the road in other countries.

On the Obama issue....I love him...gonna vote for him in 2012....4 more years...4 more years !

Who cares he is in now If it was that big of a deal he would not have been voted in. 2 more years then the republicans can have at it. :laugh:

Who cares he is in now If it was that big of a deal he would not have been voted in. 2 more years then the republicans can have at it. :laugh:

While I certainly don't buy this conspiracy theory, you have to at least acknowledge that "if" he were not a US born citizen, he would be Constitutionally prohibited from remaining in office. It's not a matter of what we like or how we vote.

While I certainly don't buy this conspiracy theory, you have to at least acknowledge that "if" he were not a US born citizen, he would be Constitutionally prohibited from remaining in office. It's not a matter of what we like or how we vote.

So lets ask a hypothetical.
Smoking gun turns out to be true.
He is proven beyond the shadow of a doubt to not be a citizen.
What then ?

You honestly think he will say...Duh Ok you got me I'll step down ?
You think Pelosi will turn on him ?

If it ever were to become true he would not leave no matter how loud the cries were !
Least I dont think so .

It's not up to him. It would likely be a Supreme Court case at which point he would be declared unconstitutionally eligible to retain the office. What's interesting is the Congress is the only body capable of removing a President from office. I'm not sure how you would compel that action. There would likely be such a groundswell from the public that the Congress would almost have to take it up immediately in an emergency session.

Last edited:
the arguments are lame, and the "so-called" proof is typical of the short sighted,simpled minded conspiracy followers.

a person born in the USA, is a natural born citizen.
hawaii is a part of the USA.....

if i a citizen of the USA, lies to attain financial aide, he is guilty of fraud.....he does not lose citizenship.

if a citizen of the USA travel to a "no-fly" country, under a different passport....he does not lose citizenship.

although there may have been some laws broken, none of this proves citizenship or the lack of it.

the arguments are lame, and the "so-called" proof is typical of the short sighted,simpled minded conspiracy followers.

a person born in the USA, is a natural born citizen.
hawaii is a part of the USA.....

if i a citizen of the USA, lies to attain financial aide, he is guilty of fraud.....he does not lose citizenship.

if a citizen of the USA travel to a "no-fly" country, under a different passport....he does not lose citizenship.

although there may have been some laws broken, none of this proves citizenship or the lack of it.

Any of which, however, would effectively end his Presidency...

If there was anything to this, the Supreme Court would have cleared their docket for it....

It's not up to him. It would likely be a Supreme Court case at which point he would be declared unconstitutionally eligible to retain the office. What's interesting is the Congress is the only body capable of removing a President from office. I'm not sure how you would compel that action. There would likely be such a groundswell from the public that the Congress would almost have to take it up immediately in an emergency session.

I hope your right but somehow I just dont see many folks caring.
All who voted for him have already accepted controversy and still stand behind him.
No way would any of the ones who support him in congress tunr on him.
It would just be biz as normal I think.

Afterhours, are you trying to say that you believe Obama would retain the office of President if on some outside chance he was proven to have not been a natural born citizen?

And just to clarify the motive behind birthers, there is reason to be curious about Obama birth, simply because no hard copy of his long form birth certificate has ever been revealed. The State of Hawaii has never responded to requests to produce it and Obama has never provided it to anyone. The only thing he has provided is a short form reprint of the certificate of live birth. The reason people are paranoid about this is because the only document provided is a reprint. Not that I am concerned, but it is interesting at the very least.

Bogus....and personally I wish this would just go away. If he were to step down you would wind up with either "this is a big f**king deal" Biden or Queen Pelosi. Do some research at either;

TruthOrFiction.com-Is that forwarded email Truth or Fiction? Research into stories, scams, hoaxes, myths, and urban legends on the Internet

snopes.com: Urban Legends Reference Pages

I get so much of the stuff I just delete it. We need to get over his nose picking and f*arting, he's the President for the next 3 yrs. Just remember to vote in November 2010 and again in 2012.

PS
His birth certificate (or a reasonable facsimile thereof) is posted on the internet, just google it.

Afterhours, are you trying to say that you believe Obama would retain the office of President if on some outside chance he was proven to have not been a natural born citizen?

And just to clarify the motive behind birthers, there is reason to be curious about Obama birth, simply because no hard copy of his long form birth certificate has ever been revealed. The State of Hawaii has never responded to requests to produce it and Obama has never provided it to anyone. The only thing he has provided is a short form reprint of the certificate of live birth. The reason people are paranoid about this is because the only document provided is a reprint. Not that I am concerned, but it is interesting at the very least.

would Obama still be President if it was proven he was not natural born....the answer is no....

the whole problem with the "birth certificate" is this...the State of Hawaii has issued, and he has posted the so-called short form certificate of live birth. According to the State of Hawaii, this proves he was born in the state. the short form is accepted as proof of citizenship....

it is like a state issue license, and a phot ID...two separate proofs, but both are accepted by the state.

this is so very typical of all conspiracy theories, they throw a little fact....in with a lot of circumstantial evidence, and convince people that it proves thier argument....

example:
"the WTC was demoed, no steel building has ever been detroyed due to fire" the "alex jones" deciples yell this all the time. yet in the History of man, no building have ever been hit by 500mph jumbo jets.....sure, steel building do crumble and burn in regular fire. but this ignores two major issues, the WTC were not constructed as most building are, with a strong skeleton....they had an exo-skeleton. secondly, nobody has ever rammed 500mph jets into two building before...

conspiracy theories get thier power from ignornance.....lieing on fiancial aid papers, or traveling under a false passport may be wrong, both morally and legally.....

but a president can only be impeached over "high crimes and misdemeanors". lieing on fianacial aid papers do not quite satisfy that....

but a president can only be impeached over "high crimes and misdemeanors". lieing on fianacial aid papers do not quite satisfy that....

I don't know, apprently lying about a BJ is cause for impeahcment.

And to be clear, when I say he should be removed if this were somehow true, I mean the foreign birth, not the financial aid crap.

Impeachment don't mean squat .
Just ask ole Bill that .
Congress can vote an pass it and then in complete ignorance of their duties the democrat senators sided with him and pled stupid !
Impeachment can be beat just as easy !

I don't know, apprently lying about a BJ is cause for impeahcment.

And to be clear, when I say he should be removed if this were somehow true, I mean the foreign birth, not the financial aid crap.

lieing to grand jury investigation is a crime, that is what Bubba was impeached for.....not simply getting a BJ.

impeachment is hearing or trial by Congress....Nixon was afraid of what would come out, so he resigned. Bill said screw it, and tooka chance and beat it.

impeachment does not do anything but guarantee public hearings....

however if the claims were found to be true, and Obama was not "natural born".....he could not be president. i am not sure who would take office, because technically the VP was elected on the same ticket....but isn't 3rd in line "speaker of the house"....is that really what people want

really?

Back