Booth In Mound Compares Obama To Hitler

Speed King

Banned
Booth In Mound Compares Obama To Hitler - wcco.com

Aug 26, 2010 9:flamethrowing: am US/Central

Booth In Mound Compares Obama To Hitler
MOUND, Minn. (WCCO) ― Liberty collided with free speech on Shoreline Drive in Mound when a group criticizing President's Obama's health care law caused a stir on the city's main street.

Between the main post office and the town's veterans' memorial, a group set up an anti-Obama protest on Wednesday afternoon. Their booth displayed "Impeach Obama" signs and a poster that drew both cheers and disgust.

"I am all for impeaching Obama," said Mary Rassatt of Mound. "Thumbs up, you are getting thumbs up from people driving by."

But a poster of the president is shown with an Adolf Hitler-styled mustache. Their literature calls it a symbol of Obama's health care plan.

"That is what Hitler and Obama have in common, they believe in killing what they call the end of life years," said a woman sitting at the booth who refused to be identified.

When further questioned by WCCO-TV, the couple working the booth then called the police and became combative, yelling obscenities at the camera.

"You are full of lies and treason. You are the reason we are at war, you are the reason we are bankrupt and the reason Obama is president," the unidentified woman shouted.

Julie Barrack of Minnetrista says she is appalled by the poster comparing Obama to Hitler, saying, "Aren't we supposed to have respect? What is this country coming to? We are on a public sidewalk, and this is what we do to our president?"

But Mound's city manager, along with Mound police, told WCCO-TV that the couple had the constitutional right to set up on the sidewalk as long as they didn't block traffic, pedestrians, or have more than 15 people, which would require a public gathering permit.

Nick Johnson, a college student from Mound, stopped by the booth to disagree.

"I am growing up in Bush's America, and I saw stuff like that all the time for Bush, I didn't like it then and don't like it now," said Johnson. "That's ridiculous. Obama hasn't killed one person, Hitler has killed millions."

Rick Lenkki of Mound, was passing by and refused to accept the literature.

"I don't care for Obama either, but the Nazi symbolism is overblown, too far," said Rick Lenkki.

Barry Petit, a former Wayzata mayor, watched the commotion on a break from his bike ride. He believes America has reached a boiling point during tough times, and what's ailing many people these days is anger.

"It's a real manifestation of anger, and everyone has got of list of reason that gets them upset," said Petit. "These guys may be extreme, but for everyone driving by, it may not be Obama, but it's something else."

everyone is butthurt because their bank accounts are low. if the economy was kicking, they wouldn't care what obama did.

There are extremists on every side; this is one of 'em...the comparison is ridiculous and I'm not a fan of Obama. Some people are just so filled with pure hatred for the man, that they'll go to great length to paint him any way that aids their agenda.

Tell all those that survived the Holocaust this and see if they agree...pretty pathetic stretch...

mound is nothing but a playground for bored rich house wives. agree or disagree, (I hate obama) that is what mound is

Back