Gov. Christie Endorses Obama?

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
First we have Mitt endorsing Obama's foreign policy in the last debate, now we have Christie endorsing his job as emergency manager. Maybe the country hasn't come over to the Obama camp but your candidates are :laugh: Say does anyone remember the last time a Republican was in charge of a disaster? How about Mitt saying that disasters should be the state's problem?

Gov. Christie praises Obama response to Hurricane Sandy as

This storm is killing innocent people and causing billions of dollars in damages, but what the heck, let's go ahead and use it for political gain... ???

It is a state problem, I say this living in Fla and grew up in NJ, all my family still there, the state can handle it. Been through 6 or 8 hurricanes down here and never seen a sign FEMA or anyone from the National government. Have not read anywhere in the constitution that directs the federal government to clean up after storms, this is why the states have had mutual support agreements amongst themselves long before the Federal government started expanding beyond those powers enumerated in the constitution.

First we have Mitt endorsing Obama's foreign policy in the last debate, now we have Christie endorsing his job as emergency manager. Maybe the country hasn't come over to the Obama camp but your candidates are :laugh: Say does anyone remember the last time a Republican was in charge of a disaster? How about Mitt saying that disasters should be the state's problem?

Gov. Christie praises Obama response to Hurricane Sandy as

I was actually going to compliment Christie for putting politics aside. I am not a Christie fan in no shape or form, but he seems to being a great job managing the issue and telling everying he has complete faith in Obama to help. Its nice to see right before the elections...........I hate this time of year with all the BS ads running.

I'd have to say Arch your thread title certainly streches it a little (which seems to be a common liberal tactic). Christie says Obama is doing a good job with the hurricane response (which means Christie is an HONEST MAN as he calls it like he sees it without party bias), and you say 'Christie endorses Obama'? That's pretty funny.

But guess what, you actually did the Republican's a favor. Because Christie gave Obama brownie points when they were due, it just further reinforces that Christie tells the truth when he states Obama is otherwise a disasterous choice for leading the country. I doubt there is a Dem on the planet that could have given same credit to GWB if he had similarly done the same...

I'd have to say Arch your thread title certainly streches it a little (which seems to be a common liberal tactic). Christie says Obama is doing a good job with the hurricane response (which means Christie is an HONEST MAN as he calls it like he sees it without party bias), and you say 'Christie endorses Obama'? That's pretty funny.

But guess what, you actually did the Republican's a favor. Because Christie gave Obama brownie points when they were due, it just further reinforces that Christie tells the truth when he states Obama is otherwise a disasterous choice for leading the country. I doubt there is a Dem on the planet that could have given same credit to GWB if he had similarly done the same...

Ya cause republicans never stretch the truth never put spin on anything or flat out lie. What a bunch of horse crap. Take head from sand pls.

Oh and I'm sure if GWB wasn't hiding in a tree house during Katrina he would have gotten compliments :p.

All, too, will bear in mind this sacred principle, that though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression. - President Thomas Jefferson.

I get a huge kick out of you using this as your signature when the man personally owned hundreds of slaves himself. Then again, he voiced his disapproval of slavery and the practice of slave trade. Funny even back then politics were politics... "Do as I say, not as I do"

I will say this Sky, you can spin with the best of them:bowdown:

I will say this Sky, you can spin with the best of them:bowdown:

I've been taking lessons from you and Gpmo :thumbsup:

Of course Republicans are capable of 'spin' also. My point was that apparently Christie is more of a honest man than some would give him credit for. Also, Obama gets the benefit of reading the "How not to handle a natural disaster by GWB" primer...

I HOPE Obama does a good job with this as it transcends politics when Americans (of both parties I believe) are in a tough spot.

Boy Howdy Arch, you certainly don't sound like an educated voter. You surely don't understand the role of the federal government during natural disasters such as this. Let me shed some light on the subject for you. The only thing Obama said was he would announce a number of states as national disasters allowing them to receive tax dollars to help pay for the damage. Governor Christie's state has been hard hit and he properly gave a thank you to Obama for the promise of quick money. Now maybe you see such grand standing as a miracle from the heavenly gods but to me it's what we pay the president to do. Obama could have quietly done his job by designated these states as disasters without the cameras in the situation room. In my view, taking advantage of cameras in the situation room in the aftermath of "Sandy" and avoiding them like the plague during or after four american's were killed in Benghazi is nothing less than "Shameful". You do realize Obama has not had a press conference explaining the fiasco in Benghazi? Shameful my man, absolutely shameful!

It's each state's governor who has the leadership role in getting things back to normal. It's the president's responsibility to see who needs what and how much tax payer money to donate to their cause.

We all know Obama is your man (You need not remind us) but you cannot grow roses in your toilet bowl.

I actually chuckled at the news this morning when Christie was told by reporters that Mitt may be coming to his state to check out the damage. He quickly replied with (and I'm paraphrasing) "I have work to do. If you think I give a damn about making this political, you don't know me..." He then went on to give props to Obama for his rapid response with funding for NJ during this time. I actually like Christie; he doesn't appear to play the political game and says things like they oftentimes need to be said...

I've been taking lessons from you and Gpmo :thumbsup:

Of course Republicans are capable of 'spin' also. My point was that apparently Christie is more of a honest man than some would give him credit for. Also, Obama gets the benefit of reading the "How not to handle a natural disaster by GWB" primer...

I HOPE Obama does a good job with this as it transcends politics when Americans (of both parties I believe) are in a tough spot.

I guarantee there was some panel that got hired right away when Obama got elected with the sole purpose of making sure everyone learned from GWB mistake with natural disaster.

And I hope he does a great job to help all those folks also.

Oh and you learned the spin by only watching shows that reinforce your beliefs. By not expanding the shows and channels and sources of information all that folks do is reinforce and intensify the things they want to believe. It doesn't matter at that point if things are true or not.

It doesn't matter at that point if things are true or not.

Obviously not, if Obama gets reelected with an 8% unemployment rate and $16 TRILLION National debt....

I like Christie too - I find his bluntly honest outspoken leadership refreshing in a sea of political correctness....

I like Christie too - I find his bluntly honest outspoken leadership refreshing in a sea of political correctness....

^^ This :thumbsup:

I think that's what we need...seems he doesn't care for the games...

We all know Obama is your man (You need not remind us) but you cannot grow roses in your toilet bowl.

Ya Arch keep your mouth shut and just agree with the republicans. They are the only ones that should be playing cheerleader and spreading information. Oh and they are the only ones that are politically educated don't forget that.

Someday Gpmo you'll grow up and be a Conservative too:fight: :)

Jeez sometimes I crack myself up :rofl:

Boy Howdy Arch, you certainly don't sound like an educated voter. You surely don't understand the role of the federal government during natural disasters such as this. Let me shed some light on the subject for you. The only thing Obama said was he would announce a number of states as national disasters allowing them to receive tax dollars to help pay for the damage. Governor Christie's state has been hard hit and he properly gave a thank you to Obama for the promise of quick money. Now maybe you see such grand standing as a miracle from the heavenly gods but to me it's what we pay the president to do. Obama could have quietly done his job by designated these states as disasters without the cameras in the situation room. In my view, taking advantage of cameras in the situation room in the aftermath of "Sandy" and avoiding them like the plague during or after four american's were killed in Benghazi is nothing less than "Shameful". You do realize Obama has not had a press conference explaining the fiasco in Benghazi? Shameful my man, absolutely shameful!

It's each state's governor who has the leadership role in getting things back to normal. It's the president's responsibility to see who needs what and how much tax payer money to donate to their cause.

Well said!

I get so tired of the back and fourth bull**** amongst politicians and even the back and fourth on the boards. The problem with politicians of today had trickled right down to the common man as is evident in this thread and many like it.......someone spins something (like this thread) 20 others follow with their polticial point of few, debates ensue, people get butt hurt, then no one is willing to compromise or even listen to the other side, instead they point fingers and blame the other side for every screw up they have ever had in the past and use it as a base to discredit the other side............it's so predictable.

I wished people in general and politicians could go on about their lifes with the idea of making America a better place for our children. While I generally think we all want the same things for the most part, politics and our stubborness to prove a point get in the way of what's right. Open your ears people! The people across the isle whether they're a jack ass or an elephant they're intelligent people with great ideas. And if you were willing to listen (which is 50% of communication) and pull your heads out of your asses we could all together advance this once great nation forward together as a whole.

But during Katrina he did not do the same. He was otherwise preoccupied with fighting unorthodox wars. So I do give him credit for that!

PB1 Sent from my ADR6400L using Forum Runner

Back