No passing zones

busa_bill

Life - tastes like chicken!
Donating Member
Registered
I do 100+ miles everyday, M-F. At least 90 of that is 2 lane country roads. Country roads mean country cagers. Some of these people drive slower than grandpa, most just do the speed limit or barely over.

Slow drivers on a 2 lane road ruin your ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm familiar with my daily ride, so I know where I can pass safely, and where I can't. I find that I no longer have much regard for no passing zones. If I can pass, and I don't see a cop, it's on!
Knowing full well that one day I won't see Johnny and then I'll be sitting on the side of the road.

Just curious if most of you ride like this.

without hesitation!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

No passing means NO PASSING for anyone
wink.gif

Everybody has to do what they gotta do
tounge.gif

No passing means NO PASSING for anyone  
wink.gif

Everybody has to do what they gotta do
tounge.gif

I agree with
idea.gif
Above

But, you mean you break the LAW  
down.gif
. You Speed, pass in no passing lanes, and I bet you don't come to a full stop at stop signs if no traffic is visible
tounge.gif
!

For Shame, For Shame  
jump9.gif

tounge.gif

Honestly, traffic engineers chime in to correct me, but I don't believe double yellow sections are calculated for a vehicle that can pass another vehicle in ONE SECOND! I ignore them completely and make my own decision based on terrain and visibility ahead.
tounge.gif

It might be illegal, but on a bike you can in front of the car your passing better then most vehicles, the bike is smaller then all other vehicles and doesn't need as much room to pass and last the Busa's speed is way beyond anything else.

But the law says that your not allowed to exceed the posted speed when passing another vehicle, yeah like nobody ever does that.
rock.gif

I respectively reserve the right not to answer the question so as not to incriminate myself
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|Greg B
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154817044 -->

I do it,

but

I've also been ticketed for crossing double yellows,

but I never learned the lesson
tounge.gif

Another great thing about Kalifornia.

We can "share" lanes with other vehicles. So yeah, I pass,but I don't go into the other lane. When they meander over to the right I'm gone on the inside before they even know what blew past them.

In the mornings I ride the same 2 lane divided highway (37 West). All ikes pass stopped traffic on the right. Never on the shoulder, just share their lane.

Back