Double yellow lines: do you pass or not?

CWCobra

Registered
Just wondering - and I am not confessing to anything - how often do you see sport bikes pass when there's a double yellow (no passing) line? Obviously, the double yellow zones are designed with the vision and performance of a typical cager in mind. Since the average sport bike has capabilities far beyond the passenger auto, the double yellow zones often seem to be overly restrictive to sport bikeres - even unreasonably so.

So...do y'all pass on a double yellow or not? Hypothetically, of course!

1. Never - I always obey the passing zones
2. Rarely, but only with care, and only when I am sure it's safe
3. Whenever I get the chance
4. What yellow lines?

I've seen it plenty, but no, I never have on the Busa. I have done it while in my Mustang, if the vehicle is so slow, it should actually have FARM tags on it :laugh:

as to the question... yes, if I know the road and feel that I can do it safely without making a complete azz of myself. stuck cagers don't appreciate it very much and sometimes call the popos.:whistle:

4. What yellow lines?

In CA we're lucky enough to be legally able to pass while in the same lane. Using this technique allows one to pass a slower-moving vehicle without even changing lanes if enough room exists and you're competent enough.

4. What yellow lines?

In CA we're lucky enough to be legally able to pass while in the same lane. Using this technique allows one to pass a slower-moving vehicle without even changing lanes if enough room exists and you're competent enough.

Lane-sharing! Yeah, baby!

if the car infront of me is doing 10-15 miles below the speed limit. other instances would be while riding in a group and we're hauling ass

yes.. but only with a group that is riding the twisties..and its ALWAYS on a straight visible stretch.. NEVER around a corner or somewhere dangerous. Also, I pull the clutch in while passing amish:laugh:

Some do it without passing.

Motorcycle_Crash.gif

Yes, but only in a safe area, long straight, no corners, good visibility. All the roads outside Austin are double yellow.

Back