If you have ridden the Dragon...

If I make it to another bash, I wouldn't care if I rode the dragon or not. So many other great roads to ride, and the Skyway is one of my favorites too.

NOPE--I won't pass on the double line. When I've been there, it's been after Labor Day, so a lot of the vacationers are gone. For my limited experience, Most slow cagers usually pull over.

Was there one time in May 2008, couldnt pass if I had wanted to, I was on my Harley. :laugh:
On a side note, I only made one pass thru there on my way to Mrytle Beach, the oncoming traffic made me nervous, between cruisers, sport bikes and cars wanting to haul a$$ kept getting in my lane in most corners. It was hard to enjoy the ride dodging folks.

Last edited:
This is edited from a Bash video. The Dragon can be fun even at 30 mph.....At no time will you see me cross the yellow line.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is edited from a Bash video. The Dragon can be fun even at 30 mph.....At no time will you see me cross the yellow line.

I got no problem doing 30 or 40 through there...hell, u can still get a knee down on most of the curves at that speed if your trying. Its the 15 mph tourists that drive me crazy! I mean damn...at least do the friggen speed limit people. Prolly just aggravates me more since I'm local.....I get just as irritated at the tour-ons in pigeon forge and gatlinburg,lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, from the responses so far, almost nobody admits to passing...I'm guessing all those guys who I have witnessed as they pass apparently either don't read this forum, or have chosen not to respond. I have ridden the Dragon several times, and I have NEVER ridden it without being passed by at least one biker...oftentimes several pass me. I am not the swiftest rider in the world, but the liter crowd passes me as if I am standing still - yellow lines notwithstanding. In my experience, passing against the double yellow is more common than not. It is standard practice.

CW

I was held up by tuner cars w/fart cans on them and of course the harleys, BUT I found the roads around the area including the skyway worth the wait - no yellow crossing w/me.

Well, from the responses so far, almost nobody admits to passing...I'm guessing all those guys who I have witnessed as they pass apparently either don't read this forum, or have chosen not to respond. I have ridden the Dragon several times, and I have NEVER ridden it without being passed by at least one biker...oftentimes several pass me. I am not the swiftest rider in the world, but the liter crowd passes me as if I am standing still - yellow lines notwithstanding. In my experience, passing against the double yellow is more common than not. It is standard practice.

CW

LOL, dont let everyone fool you...I'm not the only one on here passing on the dragon:whistle: last spring bash I got passed alot....by busa's. whats that tell ya?:rofl:

If I make it to another bash, I wouldn't care if I rode the dragon or not. So many other great roads to ride, and the Skyway is one of my favorites too.

Same....It is the comradery that the dragon has, drawing hundreds of thousands of bike each year. Weekends are a write off after 10 am, but the area is just great to be in.

See all of you that know in april:thumbsup::thumbsup:

i would pull over stretch the back and try to wait it out for a bit. sounds stupid but you would be surprised what a 10min break will do. :whistle:

Same....It is the comradery that the dragon has, drawing hundreds of thousands of bike each year. Weekends are a write off after 10 am, but the area is just great to be in.

See all of you that know in april:thumbsup::thumbsup:

You need to get up in the morning and ride it at 7:00AM with me next time. Before breakfast, the Dragon. After breakfast, the outer roads.

You need to get up in the morning and ride it at 7:00AM with me next time. Before breakfast, the Dragon. After breakfast, the outer roads.

ya.... will take you up on that.... last one i seen you head out on,,, did you not get soak to the nads?

Methinks tis because every time you came up on another rider you edited the video.:whistle: And are you Brad Pitt, who got the Dragon closed to all but motorcycles that day? Seriously, that looks like beautiful twisty road. I'm just not interested in the hassle.

Methinks tis because every time you came up on another rider you edited the video.:whistle: And are you Brad Pitt, who got the Dragon closed to all but motorcycles that day? Seriously, that looks like beautiful twisty road. I'm just not interested in the hassle.

:whistle: I guess I should stop telling everyone to get out there early before traffic clogs it up or it will end up being clogged up early.

Last edited:
Back