If you have ridden the Dragon...

Been up there a couple of times... They had helos up there with cameras on the DBL yellow and issuing tickets...

I agree that with the paved pull-offs, best case is that the cages pull off - I've noticed that for the most part they do that.

Personally, I wouldn't pass on the dbl yellow.

Been there and going back in April. Hell no I wouldn't pass, wait for them to pull over or I would pull over and wait for a bit then ride again.. Not worth the mistake to me..

Omar and I passed some Goldwing trikes whenever we could...I have not passed cars. Just not up to crashing :laugh:

I've found for the most part, others get over some to allow you to pass...

I think the harley one has been posted on the org before but the first one is new to me.

- tail of the dragon zdayz crash 2007[/url]
- An average Harley rider at Deal's Gap[/url]

:rulez:

Last edited by a moderator:
And as for it being dangerous enough on your side of the road:

- Crash on Tail of the Dragon at Deal's Gap[/url]

No never not me.. :whistle:
And I've never ever seen any Brother Org members pass on a dbl yellow, Dragon or at Eureka.. :laugh:

post reminded me of this vid

- deals gap on a goldwing/gl1800 by yellow wolf dragons tail[/url]

After re-watching that...I dont think I would try and pass on the double yellow.

Can someone please explain to me what possible allure The Dragon has? Somehow 11 miles of 30 MPH no-passing road, with killboy.com photo after photo of riders and cagers making mistakes, in an area discouraged by the local constabulary, and patroled by air has all the appeal of a one-night stand with Roseanne Barr Barr-Pentland Barr Barr-Arnold Barr Barr-Thomas Barr Barr-Pentland (again?).

I don't get it. Even the best twisties aren't much of a rush if enforced at 30 mph, though the adrenaline's gotta be activated if you round a turn and an oncoming vehicle is in your lane. But that's not the kind of rush riders want. Might as well stay home and play Russian roulette.

Can someone please explain to me what possible allure The Dragon has? Somehow 11 miles of 30 MPH no-passing road, with killboy.com photo after photo of riders and cagers making mistakes, in an area discouraged by the local constabulary, and patroled by air has all the appeal of a one-night stand with Roseanne Barr Barr-Pentland Barr Barr-Arnold Barr Barr-Thomas Barr Barr-Pentland (again?).

I don't get it. Even the best twisties aren't much of a rush if enforced at 30 mph, though the adrenaline's gotta be activated if you round a turn and an oncoming vehicle is in your lane. But that's not the kind of rush riders want. Might as well stay home and play Russian roulette.

If you haven't been there, you wouldn't understand no matter who tried to explain it.

I pass there all the time if I'm behind someone going insanely slow. My rule is to honk...see if they pull over at the next pulloff....then wait till I'm at a point where I can see a couple curves ahead...honk again and take off. at 20mph it takes all of 1 second to go around on the busa.:thumbsup:

In reality, you would be hard pressed to maintain 30mph all the way up the dragon.. It is a workout for sure... I prefer other roads that are a bit looser knit myself.. a bit too tight on the busa for me..

I pass there all the time if I'm behind someone going insanely slow. My rule is to honk...see if they pull over at the next pulloff....then wait till I'm at a point where I can see a couple curves ahead...honk again and take off. at 20mph it takes all of 1 second to go around on the busa.:thumbsup:
:stoopid: enjoying the ride is not always about how fast you go... sometimes form is more fun

Last edited:
Even if you are stuck behind a car, the scenery is worth taking an easy trip through once in a while anyway. Beautiful.

Only if the car was really slow and it was safe to do so.

:stoopid: enjoying the ride is not always about how fast you go... sometimes form is more fun

The only "form" I'm in when I'm stuck going 15-20mph on the dragon is the "trying not to tip over" form. ??? During the summer I'm out there just about every other weekend, and I'm not the fastest out there by far(dont try to be) but I'll be damned if I'm gonna have to fight to stay up just because some idiot in front of me cant even hold the speed limit.:banghead:

Back