Double yellow lines: do you pass or not?

Depending on the situation, I might think about it :whistle:

And only when it is clear and I can see what is ahead. Never in curves or in traffic.

Like some of the others, I will pass on a double yellow, but only under the best conditions.

Rob

I use the MIDDLE LANE..... the one between the yellow lines.

No... KIDDIN......... some time...only where safe:thumbsup:

yellow lines.JPG

honestly I don't use lines as a reference of when to pass or not. Usualy when I pass it is not a double yellow, but sometimes it is. Sometimes I don't pass even when it would be legal to do so. Totaly depends on visability and traffic.

No, unless very slow vehicle fails to pull to the side once in a while, and yes when absolutely certain I have a clear undisturbing shot.........If they're cruising at a stable speed and I'm stuck, I'd rather be stuck than pay a ticket, but if that line gets slots in them I'm gone. :super:

Can't remember doing it, but I'm sure I've been trapped behind something very slow and :whistle:

If the cager is driving the speed limit No.

If there is more than 1 car in front of me going slow No.

If its a double yellow on a turn or a hill or there is a place or street where he turn into an cut my route in the high risk pass No.

Had a buddie I was following that passed a car when there were Double Yellow Lines :whistle: . Unfortunately for him, those little flashing lights behind the grill of the UNMARKED STATE TROOPER car he passed came on :duh:

Fast talking (and this guy can talk) got him off :laugh:

Ok...so since we're all being honest here :whistle:.....I would be some where between #2 & #3. It really depends on type of riding mood i'm in at that time. And seriously...if I'm doing some "aggressive" riding, a lot depends on what stretch of road is ahead. If a cager is strolling along holding me up and there are some sick twisties ahead....as long as there is a safe pass available to me...down shift and say "SEE YA" :laugh:

Don't do it here, (central Pa.) double line means you cannot see for the curves, hills, NFW. Kill yourself or someone else. Nothin f's me off like someone comming in my lane on a curve. ???

There are sections of road here that are double yellow for sometimes 10 miles or more, straight stretches and all. I don't pay any attention to the lines, if there's room to pass, I'll pass.

i totally disagree strom... there are TONS of places..at least around my neck of the woods, that should be broken yellow.. its kinda ludicrous..

I really think they should completely dump pa in the ocean and start over.. they have been doing construction on the same road in lock haven since I was born....

Back