If you have ridden the Dragon...

CWCobra

Registered
Did you pass any cars on the double yellow line?
Three buds and I rode it last week end, and I noticed several instances of such. My buds would not do it (I confess to nothing). Anyhow, what do my fellow 'Busa riders have to say? Do you pass on the double yellow, or wait for the cager to hopefully pull over? The Dragon is only 11 miles or so, but it can seem endless with a 20 mph cager in front of you.

CW

:D yep! that would be a long 11 miles behind a car that wont pull over. Sometimes when there are alot of trafic you have no choice. Just do not pass in a curve. :)

The dragon is dangerous enough when you are on your side of the road.

There are a few decent straights for passing though.

I noticed at the last fall bash that since they paved most of the pull offs, that most of the cagers i got behind would pull over.
For me passing on the dbl yellow is just not worth it. I'll pull over and wait a bit or ride it out and do the turn around trip.

Corners on that road are so close it makes it difficult to pass safely. Is there any place on that 11 miles that does not have a double yellow?

There are only a very few places to pass on that piece of road and when you do the danger is over shooting the up coming corner.

Corners on that road are so close it makes it difficult to pass safely. Is there any place on that 11 miles that does not have a double yellow?

There are only a very few places to pass on that piece of road and when you do the danger is over shooting the up coming corner.

+ 1

If you're lucky you won't get caught behind anyone. I've been known to hold up a bike or two. :laugh:

I'll generally wait it out unless the car is exceptionally slow and makes it easy to pass safely. If I crash on the Dragon, I won't get to ride the Cherohala Skyway!

have never ridden on it an after seeing so many video's of the way people ride it probably never will.:laugh:

That's why I go out before breakfast when most people are stil seeping off the previous nights festivities. Watch the sun come up on the way to the CRoT, then ride through the Dragon alone. I can run through at 30 mph and not have to worry about getting causght behind a car doing 20 mph :whistle:

rode it 2 days ago-hardly a cager in sight. I wouldn't pass there though unless the leaves have fallen and I could see around the curve I was about to enter.

Been up there twice, both in the middle of October and traffic was minimal. I do not pass on the double yellow for safety and financial reasons. Also, if I do end up getting behind a car, they normally move over enough within a 1/4 to let me pass.

That's why I go out before breakfast when most people are stil seeping off the previous nights festivities. Watch the sun come up on the way to the CRoT, then ride through the Dragon alone. I can run through at 30 mph and not have to worry about getting causght behind a car doing 20 mph :whistle:

:rofl:

No comment :whistle:

In the UK we have double white lines I guess they are the same as your double yellows, but an unkown fact in the UK is that you can pass providing you dont cross the lines and it is safe to do so. Not sure if its the same in the US.

Back