Dragon Tail Honeymoon

Busasweety

Registered
Hey all,
We get Married July 29th Sun and we decided not to do the cruise untill feb when its cold here in md.
I then asked where do you want to go and she responded THE DRAGON. We have plans on borrowing my cousins toy hauler and loading up the Busa's leaving Mon the 30th afternoon time for @600 miles and staying at the dragon till thurs or fri.  We want to ride the dragon alot and maybe take in the traingle also, sights etc. From the net Fontana Village Resort Campground off rt 28 seems nice and they have accoms.

My question fellow members in the area like(rayabusa0818 "Don") you guys are lucky to be so close
is knowing the area am I on the right track of place to stay and is there anything you can assist in info..etc.
I also have looked at tailofthedragon.com, found killboy photos, etc. but you all live there or ride there so thanks for the Honeymoon help !!

laugh.gif
Trust me she's on my back all right,
Her Busa on the heels of mine, We both have 06Le's,
and this is her first sportbike, she's had cruisers but never rode a sport till we bought these last year, then she wanted to learn more and we did california super bike school at VIR for 2 days.WOW!!!
She loves the twisties more now, Heck we came out of Harper Ferry coulple of weeks ago and she was leading, and had a 350z playing with us and she said(on the chatterbox) "does he want to play" next thing I know I'm following her at 173mph before she decided the car wasn't there anymore.
jump9.gif

We normally stay at the Phillips motel. 828-479-3370 Congrats on the marriage and good luck to you and your wife. There are many roads to do including the dragon that you will want to ride. The foothills Parkway, just north of the Dragon, just watch your speed, right Don.
biggrin.gif
Look at The Tail of the Dragon.com to get more ideas and have a good time, and be safe.

Tim

Where are you staying?  The Phillips Motel in Robbinsville is nice an quaint; that's where we have the Busa Bash.   Oh, if you stay at the Phillips, tell Reba that Noodles sent ya!  
laugh.gif

Stay away from the 5-point Inn or something like that.

From Robbinsville, you're 20 miles from the Dragon, you're right by the Cherohala Skyway.  Hwy 28 is nice.  The Foothills Parkway...   Oh man, the area is just beautiful!

BTW - Congrats on the nuptials!

SOUNDS GOOD MAYBE FEB ? GONNA BE COLD AND STILL MAY BE ICY IN SPOTS I STAYED AT THE VILLAGE CAMPGROUND GREAT QUITE PLACE

skew4.JPG

Back