"Straight line bike"

Akumu

Registered
/rant

Anyone else tired of this horse****? I don't own a Hayabusa, but my bikes forums crawl, due to the bike only being available for 4 years and not a great seller, so I thought I'd post here. (I'd like to own a Hayabusa one day in a few years.) I just got my new to me bike recently and am now surprised to hear talk I never noticed before while riding my first bike.

"Straight line bike." or "Drag bike." I'm on something slightly tamer, a ZZR1200 [145bhp/88ft/lb @7000 with my mods.] Not a Busa...but not slow, either. :whistle:) For Hayabusa/Blackbird/ZX-14/ZZR1200/ZX-11/K1300S/K1200S/VFR1200F and their ilk, you know, the 525lb-600lb wet but not sport tourer (FJR, ST, Connie) 'do it all bikes' 'GT' or 'big bore' bikes all I ever hear on forums, word of mouth and video comments is how you're better off getting off of the bike and having 2 or 3 guys lift the bike up and aim it in the direction you want to go whenever a turn comes up. (Which would be real interesting at Deal's Gap.)

So, just because we own the 'big boys'/'big girls' but not quite Sport tourers our bikes are fat pigs incapable of any degree of lean angle beyond a low sitting custom chopper. What gives? I understand the 250-600 and 1000s are agile at their 375-475lb weights, but all I EVER hear from them are crap that goes like "Yea, those things tear up the straights." when they're being kind. I'm sighing and rolling my eyes when they're being unkind.

Does this upset you guys, too? Have you inoculated yourself to this kind of talk? Or has it never bothered you? I have no interest in dragging knees and ****, but I can't believe that these clowns think that these bikes are incapable of that...

/rant

You will have haters of almost any kind of bike you ride. I just smile and nod, I know better. Been there done that have the t-shirt to prove it. Drag knee two up on a gixxer 750 and we will talk. :laugh:

It's true, the internet has spoken. You honestly can't turn a 'Busa without the assistance of a tug boat.

Hayabusa-Poster.jpg

:laugh:

I don't personally care what anyone says since 99% of riders out there have never ridden a Hayabusa, let alone tried to go knee-down on one. Yeah it's heavy compared to a small-bore supersport but that just means that you need to shove the bar a little harder to get it leaned over. These limp-wristed pansies should definitely stick to their 600cc starter-bikes if they don't have the strength to push-steer their ride. :stirpot:

Just ask them when the last 4 hour ride they took was. After 4 hours they would be ready for the Emergency room unless they are 5'4" and 130 lbs. The big bikes are made to ride, not just do a 30 minute blast and then park. For the obese Americans (75%) the small bikes do not cut it.

It's true, the internet has spoken. You honestly can't turn a 'Busa without the assistance of a tug boat.

Hayabusa-Poster.jpg

:laugh:

I don't personally care what anyone says since 99% of riders out there have never ridden a Hayabusa, let alone tried to go knee-down on one. Yeah it's heavy compared to a small-bore supersport but that just means that you need to shove the bar a little harder to get it leaned over. These limp-wristed pansies should definitely stick to their 600cc starter-bikes if they don't have the strength to push-steer their ride. :stirpot:

Isn't that you TTV?

If it has 2 wheels, you can drag a knee(unless there's too much fairing or floorboard to drag in the way:laugh:) ride a wheelie or a stoppie...among other things, and the Busa is no exception. We all know the idiots you're talking about.:beerchug:

It's all penis envy. I couldn't count the number of times I have been told "I have never seen anyone ride a Busa like that before!"

most talk more than they ride! id rather not talk and ride!

or my personal favorite is how EVERYONE knows some one with a busa killer! too bad they never bring them out:hide:

these kind of shots allways make me laugh, the bikes barly leaning and dudes hanging off the side trying to get he"s knee down:rofl: Hell I"ve leand my vtx farther than that with my feet on the highway bars:whistle:

You lean the Busa much further right and the fairing drags. Right side engine case sticks out further than the left. I've got an egg shaped scrape on mine around the clutch cover area from pushing it too far down too often...and that's asking to lowside, a bad habit I had to break.

Back