"Straight line bike"

No that is not me, looks like an 06 and I have a different color helmet and jacket.

these kind of shots allways make me laugh, the bikes barly leaning and dudes hanging off the side trying to get he"s knee down:rofl: Hell I"ve leand my vtx farther than that with my feet on the highway bars:whistle:

Let's see some pics of you with that VTX layed over.

Here are some busa's at Eureka one year. Several of us got our knee down for the first time. This is me.
Juli and I are the first bike through in the video.

Eureka sat curve 2010 131.jpg

Eureka sat curve 2010 187.jpg

Spring Eureka 2010 155.jpg

That was great day, hot as heck, but we had a blast. Thanks to some excellent coaching from our org brothers I got my knee down for the first time, So did Omar and Dan. We had a blast!

Honestly the busa doesn't do anything better than the current crop of liter bikes performance wise. It doesn't bother me. Most riders place limitations on performance long before the technology effects anything.

TTV that is bad ass I wish i had the balls to get my knee down like that. For some reason i prefer to go fast in a straight line:thumbsup::bowdown:

Does this upset you guys, too? Have you inoculated yourself to this kind of talk? Or has it never bothered you? I have no interest in dragging knees and ****, but I can't believe that these clowns think that these bikes are incapable of that...

The only guys who say that about the Hayabusa are the ones who've never ridden one. I had an R1 pilot say that to me a couple of months back, so I asked him if he wanted to swap rides. We rode about 50km on each other's bikes and when he stopped he was foaming at the mouth about my '06, saying, "Man, it's a f-ing beast!", and going on and on about the amount of power it has all through the rev range, unlike his bike which was very peaky. (He was doing wheelies all over the highway, while I had a good giggle at him. I like to see people enjoying themselves on two wheels.)
Sure, the Hayabusa isn't designed as a track bike, but a good rider on a Busa can out-handle an average rider on an R1/CBR/ZXR/whatever.

that kinda used to be the running ida on busas in this area till i retrained em around here. I have a group of about 30 to 40 people that i rode with all the time when i had my first 1999 busa....there wasnt one of them that could even dream of keeping up with me in the twisties or the interstate. there is a pretty healthy respect for them in this area/.

that kinda used to be the running ida on busas in this area till i retrained em around here. I have a group of about 30 to 40 people that i rode with all the time when i had my first 1999 busa....there wasnt one of them that could even dream of keeping up with me in the twisties or the interstate. there is a pretty healthy respect for them in this area/.

A job well done, Viper. :beerchug:

TTV that is bad ass I wish i had the balls to get my knee down like that. For some reason i prefer to go fast in a straight line:thumbsup::bowdown:

Its practice bro. It was something that always eluded me, then one day I did it. It was like a light bulb went on and it was like, that was easy. Then grip, rip, drag and repeat. :laugh:

there are going to be haters out there who think they are the fastest but will not pony up when you challenge them:whistle: i have a friend who thinks his victory vegas is faster off the line than my 01 busa:rofl: i think not. i just don't want to be the winner and have to replace the clutchplates cause of it(im not skillful with hard launches). i baby my beast but the power is there when needed:poke:

Too bad. I like laughing at cruiser riders who think dragging hard parts at low speeds is skillful riding. :rofl::rofl:

I never said I was skillfull:whistle: I said that bike was not leand over, and the dude was hanging off the side like spyder monkey.see it all the time when guys talk about getting a knee down. Aint no need in talking smack to me, I"ve been riding since 1968 I"ve pretty much seen it all. Im not ah knee dragger, never will be. I do know that dragging a knee happens when you get wayyyyy over and your knee hits the road, not when you hang wayyyy off the bike and lean till it hits.

I never said I was skillfull:whistle: I said that bike was not leand over, and the dude was hanging off the side like spyder monkey.see it all the time when guys talk about getting a knee down. Aint no need in talking smack to me, I"ve been riding since 1968 I"ve pretty much seen it all. Im not ah knee dragger, never will be. I do know that dragging a knee happens when you get wayyyyy over and your knee hits the road, not when you hang wayyyy off the bike and lean till it hits.

Hanging wayyyy off the bike is the whole point. Using your body weight to shift the center of gravity, help get the bike to want to rotate around you means you can take a corner faster with less lean angle and maintaining a larger contact patch of rubber to road.

You have fun dragging hard parts though.

If I REALLY wanted to I'm sure I could drag my pipes on the ground without letting my knee touch down, but then ya know what? CRASH!!

These bikes do it all if the rider will....

right080614.jpg

667 mile no rest stop ride on the Busa. I would not even attempt it on my first gen ZX-10
trip07.jpg

Where is Macon with his pics :thumbsup: Show them some of his and they will shut up. Or just take them to a nice curvy road and prove them wrong....Thats my personal favorite :whistle:

Hanging way off the bike means u are holding on to the bars too much. The proper way is to use your outside leg to hold onto the tank while opening up your hips towards the turn drop knee and turn in. I hope u don't encounter a bump or woop in your turn while hangin wayyy off the bike. That will cause u to wreck...

Back