No Hurt Feelings

I would have complimented him for the work that was done but I would have tried to make suggestions to steer him in the right directions to improve on what was already done. Something like, "The bike looks and sounds good....now all you need to finish is to lower it to close the gap". Thats what I would have done to help.

A true friend tells you how it is.

You should have just pointed, laughed and walked away.

When he followed you asking you what is wrong that is your opening to slam him with both barrels

Last edited:
you did good, just go on knowing you have the best bike and his is second, im pretty blunt about things, but If i have done something to my bike and somebody said that it dont look good or sounds like crap i would take offense and get pretty pissed. Its a mans pride. just my opinion. oh "I dont have to worry about that happening either cause I know my bike is bad ass".:laugh:

Last edited:
Demmym, You chose the path a mature person would take. There's nothing to be gained by hurting your buddy's pride.

Demmym, You chose the path a mature person would take. There's nothing to be gained by hurting your buddy's pride.

So you'd rather let him ride around looking like a tool? I'd rather be the one to tell a friend something looks like ass, instead of riding around with him and some stranger saying 'dude, your bike looks stupid'

I wouldn't told him that might help his re-sale value.....so he could afford a real bike. :poke:

OK, you said he is your friend. If that is so, then explain the reasons people extend hi po motorcycles and how lowering it is a necessary part of the modification. LSR, drag racing and bad azz looks....all three of those goals require a "down to earth" motorcycle. Friends are truthful and forthright to friends....and real men know how to take friendly criticism.
Just look at the interaction here on the org! Raydog

I'd have told him it looked good an offered up the options, he may have said "yeah you may be right" or he may have said "nah I like it like this" true friend can take constructive criticism.. if it's presented the right way:laugh:

Back