New TOY for the bike!

I got a set of bose earbuds and they sound great but not loud enough. Does that sirus have a volume on it ? If so it might be okay. I thought about getting the bose headphones and taking off the head piece and just mounting the ear sections in my helmet . As far as that goes it would be better because for one ear buds are illegal to use in a car or bike , but heaphones/speakers that are built in to a helmet are okay . . I've been wearing a cheaper set of earbuds that have a volume control on the cord ( Koss) and they sound good .

And the stem stand is awesome . I've been using them for years . Did you get yours through Jester here on the board ? If not you paid too much !

And the stem stand is awesome . I've been using them for years . Did you get yours through Jester here on the board ? If not you paid too much !
Got to surfing so fast (and my impatience set in AS USUAL when i saw the stem stand and liked it so much) that I didnt even think of askin Josh if he had this. I will call josh and see if I can cancel my order from this company. Paid 59.95 + 10 ship for this stem stand from TechBIKER.com...

....going to find josh's number now...

does it have a volume or mute button on that thing
yeah, the unit has a volume control on the side of it. very easy access and very user friendly unit. Im not sure how user friendly it would be ridin with a pair of gloves though.

the unit came with a set of earbuds that are some kinda loud inside my helmet with the volume maxed out....but that is just me standing in my living room with my new Scorpion EXO-700 lid, not sure how loud it would be while riding yet...

pic 1 of 2...

magnetic unit measures about 3.25 inches in diameter and 0.5 inches thick. and is magnetic...

BUT, the best thing about the stiletto 2 is the magnetic antenna is not completely necessary except for a much better reception of satellite signal. The actual unit has a built in antenna.

DSCN0987.JPG

wont stay on the reservoir but just now when i tried to stick it to the gas tank, i couldnt hardly peel it off. one hell of a magnet on that thing!!

Very nice . I thought about one of these when they came out a couple years ago but the unit was alot bigger then . Great review !
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

hopefully i will be in forth worth this saturday pickin up the SCALA RIDER bluetooth unit from josh (jester). I found a bluetooth interface device made by Jabra that looks like it will work with the bluetooth headset from SCALA. here's the Jabra bluetooth interface....

Jabra Bluetooth Music Adapter

post it on this thread i'll track it . I'd like to hear how everything sounds !
beerchug.gif

will do Frisbee! This will be very nice to have on that 495 mile trip to the Meet n Greet in june!!

That's a cool receiver. I have an older one that I have on the Busa. I used the cig cord to run to the tail where I have a dual lighter adapter. Antennae fits right in front of the gauge cluster never even know it's there.
  And....if you have a subscription for a sort while, you can call and cancel and the radio will still work, (Don't ask me how I know) It has to do with keeping the subsriber numbers up. They still consider you a subscriber even if you don't pay.
  For the stem stand, I made one. Cost me about 6.50 and it is adjustable to a point. I just bought some all-thread, a couple of nuts and a piece of flat steel stock at Lowes. I also bought a couple of grommets to go on the top and botom of the triple tree so it wouldn't get scratched. Welded one nut to the top of the all-thread and another to the bottom of the flat steel. Ran a bolt and a couple of nuts through and works great. Plus. I can create a wider plate to hold the GPS and the Sirius.

That receiver is very nice!
beerchug.gif

EDIT: I'll go take a few pics and post up

Second, This where one of the grommets are. Kind of makes the whole unit just float on the rubber. Very stable. This pic reminds me that I need to paint it!

Triumph_stuff_007__Medium_.jpg

Back