New TOY for the bike!

BUSA_CHeMiST

Donating Member
Registered
Ok, so I will admit, none of my vehicles have ever had XM or Sirius, mostly because all I drive is company vehicles and my personal vehicle IS my Busa!   But after returning my defective xBox 360 and all of its components (that only lasted 2.5 months before it broke) I wanted to pick up an mp3 player (iPOD) AND potentially find a satellite radio unit I could hardwire to the Busa.  
Well, welcome to the BEST of both worlds!!  My brand new STILETTO 2!

stiletto2_huge.jpg

This thing allows you to access your regular satellite radio (monthly subscription of course, i just did the lifetime sub.) while outdoors and in view of the open sky.  When indoors, I simply connect to my WiFi internet spot and listen to the same radio broadcast via the internet.  And my favorite is the 20 hrs of mp3/WMA music it can store with the option to install a microSD storage card for increased memory.  

I also purchased the vehicle mounting/docking station that can be hardwired to the bike and comes with the amplified antenna.  

Like i said, I had never owned any XM/Sirius units until this one, and WOW this thing is sweet!!  Can't wait to figure out how I will mount it to the Busa and take a ride!! Highly recommend this item!

Picked it up from Best Buy for $309.99 + sales tax and the vehicle docking station was $49.99 + tax.

It's like christmas for me with this thing bro! I havent put it down since i got it! Listenin to the sat radio (via internet) right now. I timed it and it takes approx ~30 secs from the time you power the unit on to find my wireless network and connect, buffer song, and play music!
laugh.gif
drools.gif

bowdown.gif

I've got XM on mine, however I dont use it unless I'm doing an Iron Butt ride

bowdown.gif

I've got XM on mine, however I dont use it unless I'm doing an Iron Butt ride
SAM, i know i've seen on here somewhere a mounting bracket that attatches right there around the triple tree cover somewhere. how is yours mounted?? trying to get some ideas where i need to mount the docking station

Thanks guys. Currently have a PM in to SMITHABUSA for one of his power accessory harnesses to hook into that open plug in the nose. Once i get it in i'll post up pics on the install and how it works.

Now i just need a good earbud/helmet speaker system for listening. would prefer wireless. Suggestions?

Sounds like a nice set up for those who like a radio/sound system on a bike.

Thats one thing that I'm bummed out with the iphone about, it wont stream XM radio off the internet. I heard it could be done but too complicated.
guns.gif

Try Ram mount  
beerchug.gif
 think they make one just for that unit.
Tried lookin on RAM's website. Looks like this unit is a little too new for anything to come up on a search. Might have to just call them and see what they can do, maybe manufacture. I might just try and see how innovative I can get with it!
whistling.gif

Try Ram mount  
beerchug.gif
 think they make one just for that unit.
Tried lookin on RAM's website.  Looks like this unit is a little too new for anything to come up on a search.  Might have to just call them and see what they can do, maybe manufacture.  I might just try and see how innovative I can get with it!  
whistling.gif
They make a water proof box for the ipod that will hold your unit perfect. Trust me i have one...
wowold.gif

just ordered the TITANIUM version of this stem mount. Looking at the docking station for my unit, this looked to be the best choice (for non inclement weather riding)

3778634.jpg

Still searching for a good wireless headset/earbuds

Back