SCALA Q2 headset..

BUSA_CHeMiST

Donating Member
Registered
Ok, so this has to do mainly with the Sirius satellite radio and picking it up thru an FM radio....

I hook up the Sirius Sat radio (Stiletto 2) to the bike, get perfect satellite reception, and have been trying to listen to the Sat radio thru my new SCALA RIDER Q2 bluetooth headset. The scala headset has an FM mode that you can listen to FM radio, but you really don't know what channel your tuning in to, you just scroll thru them.

My dilemma...so I set the sat radio to a particular unused frequency (we'll use 88.7). The scala headset will not hardly pick up the 88.7 when scrolling thru, and IF I DO GET LUCKY and find said frequency (88.7 in our example) the only way I can get about 90% clear reception is to literally have my lid SITTING ON TOP OF THE FM TRANSMITTER from the sat radio.

The question...im wonderin if they make a FM booster that I could place on the SCALA headset? I mean, the whole idea is to run this completely wirelessly, but i think my expectations might be reaching beyond reality at this point.

IF ANYONE has an input, please speak up. Thanks!
thumb_up.gif

Same problem with my XM Roady II in the van.  I hooked one of these up to the line out jack on the Roady.  I now get very near 100% signal strentgh.  They can be had for much cheaper than msrp. It will run on 12 volts with a power cord or on batteries though it eats batteries like crazy.

Same problem with my XM Roady II in the van.  I hooked one of these up to the line out jack on the Roady.  I now get very near 100% signal strentgh.  They can be had for much cheaper than msrp.  It will run on 12 volts with a power cord or on batteries though it eats batteries like crazy.
ThumbsUp.gif
will definately look into this!!

Knew i should have gotten the dual accessory cable from smithabusa for that front euro plug. Looks like another order!

Thanks FSU!

I even use that transmitter in the house hooked up to my sattelite receiver so that I don't wake the missus with the tv up to loud. Just pop on my old Sony walkman sport headset tuned to the right freq.

Back