Scala rider communications

UncleSteve

Gear good - roadrash bad
Donating Member
Registered
Tested the Scala-rider Q2 today. Bluetooth for phone and 1600ft bike to bike, up to 2 other bikes. FM radio with 6 presets. Can be linked to GPS for turn by turn.

Only used it for about 30 minutes but it seems to be a very good product. For just over $200 it may be the best deal going for ease of install and quality. If you only want to communicate with two other riders or use as a passenger intercom.

http://www.cardowireless.com/scala_rider_Q2/

Busa159, any ideas if the Scala will bluetooth to anything other than a phone or GPS? i'm still ighting with the idea of how to connect it to my SIRIUS satellite radio (Stiletto 2) via some sort of bluetooth adapter

It should, does your radio have A2DP, the Cardo does not so the sound will be low quality. If you have A2DP try the sony bluetooth headset with A2DP, I have one and it is great.

If I understand your situation your radio has no bluetooth and you want to add an adapter?

Not sure if the Stiletto 2 has A2DP, but i know it is not bluetooth capable without some sort of bluetooth adapter. Im trying to find any way to pair the sat radio with the SCALA Q2. I would hate to have to swap out headsets or audio equip each time i want to either use the SCALA or the sat radio

A2DP is a format for any given bluetooth audio device to be able to stream audio in stereo. The cardo will not do this.(unless I missed something) i picked it up today and have not explored all the functions and just sat down to go through the manual.

If you get a bluetooth adapter it may send the audio but you may not be happy with the quality.

If I were doing Satellite radio, I would look for a radio which had bluetooth A2DP built in and use the sony ericsson bluetooth stereo earphones or equivalent. I have a $40 bluetooth adapter in the "piece of crap box" from years ago.

Stereo Bluetooth is fairly new technology. It will take time for all the suppliers of audio devices to incorporate stereo sound into their products. This will depend on the demand that drives the market.

My Zumo mp3 player will send audio through bluetooth but not in stereo so.... I have to use wired ear bud headsets with it to achieve the sound quality I want.

I have a Sony Ericsson 580i cell phone it has A2DP bluetooth and I use the Sony bluetooth stereo headset with it. So far it has worked very good. I think there will be compatibility issues for a while. Sony Ericsson is kinda taking the lead in MP3 music cell phones and stereo blutooth.

It is very difficult to find answers in this area most people are not willing to spend hundreds of dollars on equipment like this and find out it does not work very well. (I am one of them)

This web site is a good forum to share experiences, it will save a lot of headaches and money.

Back