Bike to Bike communications

rubber2burn

Donating Member
Registered
So I have been looking at the following Bike to Bike communication systems for the Wife and I to use for when we ride but just wanted to find out what others opinions are of the systems

Chatterbox XBi2
Chatterbox GMRSX1
Scala Rider Q2 Multiset

If you have used or have one of these systems please give me your thoughts on the product. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I have never heard of the Starcom....is there a lot of information available on this system? I am so lazy asking, when I should be googling...hee hee.

I chose chatterbox last year for my communication system. Works well person to person, and its also what most bikes have around here so you can communicate bike to bike with the majority of the riders.

I have never heard of the Starcom....is there a lot of information available on this system? I am so lazy asking, when I should be googling...hee hee.

Out of England, sold in the US, unit is the size of a pack of cigarettes and the quality is unbelievable. Rider to Pillion at 70+ is crystal clear. Put them on three bikes and flawless. Bluetooth, Rider to Rider, Rider to Pillion, audio input...spent months looking at all the systems and really love these. Change helmets, 35.00 for a new mike/speaker setup.

Starcom Digital Kit, Starcom Systems, Digital - Bike Effects .com

This is one site to look at.

So I have been looking at the following Bike to Bike communication systems for the Wife and I to use for when we ride but just wanted to find out what others opinions are of the systems

Chatterbox XBi2
Chatterbox GMRSX1
Scala Rider Q2 Multiset

If you have used or have one of these systems please give me your thoughts on the product. :thumbsup:

It all depends on what you want to do now and what you want to do in the future...

Everyone we know seems to like the Catterboxes. We don't use them because we both believe that when were on the bikes that becomes "me" time. Hand signals work great for us.

I have the Chatterbox GMRSX1 coming in a couple days. The research I did works well for what I want to do and think it will meet future needs well.:thumbsup:

Out of England, sold in the US, unit is the size of a pack of cigarettes and the quality is unbelievable. Rider to Pillion at 70+ is crystal clear. Put them on three bikes and flawless. Bluetooth, Rider to Rider, Rider to Pillion, audio input...spent months looking at all the systems and really love these. Change helmets, 35.00 for a new mike/speaker setup.

Starcom Digital Kit, Starcom Systems, Digital - Bike Effects .com

This is one site to look at.

Thank you for this info....We will definitely look into this system!

I had the chance to ride with MyRulz (Lisa) back in August and use her Scala system. Being that I am such a new rider, it was great knowing that there was someone right there to talk me through a couple of issues.

Everyone I ride with has Chatterbox, the bluetooth one, it works great, can have cellphone hands free answer, ipod touch wirless music, anything bluetooth and it comes across really clear to with a nice helmet.

I have a friend who sells these if anyone needs a chatterbox, his prices are great, pm me if you need one I will send you his way

Funny, I just mailed Scar about this subject. I found the that whatever you choose, it has to be the same band as your riding friends, as the brands will not communicate to each other. In addition, Some I have talked to have sworn off Chatterbox. They say the quality isn't there. Maybe the newer models are better. I'm gonna' sit this one out for a while.........

I have 2 chatterboxes and basically its for riding with others..quality isnt all that but everyone else wont upgrade so ...heard great things about starcom, gonna order it..and ill maybe post something....the chatterbox transmits via preset channels....but they have all the frequencies listed in the book per channel...with the starcom, for you to communicate you need a separate fsrs or gmrs transmitter such as a motorola, but you can set it to any frequency within the public spectrum so you could talk to chatterboxes as long as your radio has the capability to choose a freq. Other thing with starcom is that its crystal clear at high speeds , the chatterbox is not..

I Have installed a couple of StarCom units, and they are first rate, with LOTS of options. The only three negatives that I can think of are the price (BUT you get your money's worth). There is also the fact that it does take up some room with the module, and associated components (if any) and wiring. Last but not least, the fact that they are not widely available here in the USA.

I use a pair of Scala Rider Q2 units. I absolutely love them. They are truly plug and play, and the sound quality is great. Well made, widely available, and great customer service (if you ever need it). OH, and not to mention the fact that they are completely independent from your bike, so no electrical, or space considerations. :thumbsup:

Back