Bike to bike communication

I have the chatterbox x1

Works great in the canyons(lower speed). But at freeway speeds or higher there is a lot of wind noise. VOX is useless. They're coming out with the blue tooth so the whole thing will be wireless
cool.gif

I have the gmrs series.....VOX werx fine for me..... get one of those air dams the sell to keep out noise/cold air to help reduce background noise.
inputs for cell and mp3 player..... solomoto parts hooked me up with a pair of them.

I have head some really decent words on the autocom brand lately (lots of inputs!)...and the are clearing the 05s out at 1/2 price now!
the downside to the autocom is that you need a 3rd party radio to make bike to bike calls.

For the money been with Chatterbox for I believe almost Three years! No problems at all..... GMRSX1

I had a Chatterbox X2. It wasn't bad but I found the Vox to be worthless and I didn't like all the wires connected to my helmet. When I rode with my wife, she would connect to my helmet unit and I was just never comfortable with it. I came across the Autocomm sale and bought the active-7. First, I hardwired the unit to the bike, so it is under my hump and powered from the bike. Only one lead goes to my helmet. The unit has inputs for a radio, cell phone, passenger and another input.... VOX = Excellent! Sound quality = Excellent! The only issue is that for bike to bike, you have to have a separate radio, which becomes cost prohibitive pretty quickly! I never would have bought the Autocom if it hadn't been half price, but if you can still find one, jump on it! I paid less for the autocom setup (minus the radio) than I did for the X2 when I bought it.

Just my .02

The only issue is that for bike to bike, you have to have a separate radio, which becomes cost prohibitive pretty quickly!
hehe...this is going to sound odd...but one of the features of the Chatter box units is that when you match the channel with a small handheld like the Motorola Talk-About series....you can talk to them. My wife driving her car and I on my bike have done this a number of times.

You can use the same for the Autocom. One of my buddies joining me at the Bash in April will have the Autocom system on his FJ and I will have my Chats.....we will be comunicating via those setups most of the time there.

Just get a pair of 20.00~30.00 Motorolas for your Autocoms

I have been using the Chatterbox X-1 with the group I ride with they work great, we use the push to talk button so we have no problems at any speed. I also listen to music with it and have it mounted on my rear hump so it's not even on the helmet anymore.

All of them are good. Just add a "NOJ QUIET RIDER" to your helmet. It covers the large opening on the bottom part of the helmet. Knocks 90% of the wind noise out. Makes vox good up to 90-100 pretty easily. Me and jr use it all the time.

JD

All of them are good.  Just add a "NOJ QUIET RIDER" to your helmet.  It covers the large opening on the bottom part of the helmet.  Knocks 90% of the wind noise out.  Makes vox good up to 90-100 pretty easily.  Me and jr use it all the time.

JD
Thanks for posting JD, I've been looking at these for a couple of weeks now! You just made my decision easier..........

All of them are good.  Just add a "NOJ QUIET RIDER" to your helmet.  It covers the large opening on the bottom part of the helmet.  Knocks 90% of the wind noise out.  Makes vox good up to 90-100 pretty easily.  Me and jr use it all the time.

JD
ICE, do you have a picture of the quiet rider on your helmet?

autocom 1/2 price sale have my phone ,mp3 player ,added a push to talk button for nextel! and workin this week on the bike to bike i havent used the other systems but no complaints about the autocom:D

Back