Music System on Bike.

BenWoj42

Registered
After installing my autocom on the bike, the wife decided to connect her ipod one night and now im hooked on riding with music. I've been looking around trying to figure out what the best options are that would allow me to play my downloaded music as well as xm radio and possibly FM radio. I was thinking about buying the Ipod touch, and then buying the xm conversion for it. This will cost about $300 plus monthly fees for satellite radio. I thought about the option of upgrading my phone since i currently use the basic one. So i'd get something like the Iphone, which I could use pandora and whatever navigation sytem they have on it. Although I dont really need a phone with so much info. This would cost about $100 for the phone plus an additional $30 a month for the data plan. My other option was to purchase the Zuma which gives me gps and xm option. From what i've seen they run from $500 +. The last two options dont allow me to use my downloaded music, but I could always use the ipod for that.

What is everyone else using for this type of set up? Is there one system that allows all this in one?

Thanks

I use headphones with my IPhone and either Pandora or iHeart Radio. Love it and it's easy! I do want to install an intercom for my music so I dont have ti wear headphones though!!! I had XM in my truck for years and got rid of it since Pandora and iHeart are about the same and they are free! IMHO

Don't think the iPod would work? Aren't they only wifi? You need a phone with 3G or 4g services, I think?
I rode the other night with my iPhone headphones. I could not get my helmet on without pulling them out of my ears so I used two pieces of masking tape :) kept em in and I could hear fairly decent. Strange this is that the voice on the navigation app I have was twice as loud as the music I had playing? When she would talk to tell me to turn it was clear and loud while the music I could 'hear'?

I really recommend the Garmin GPS for motorcycles. You can load music on it but it has to be Mp3 not Itunes. But if you get the XM module you have it and you can run the phone through that too to the AutoCom. I use my Ipod for music into the AutoCom but I have about 4,000 songs on it plus several playlists that I made just for riding.

I have problems with ear buds poppinf out off my ear but I'm using Klipsch S4 Ear speakers ($99 or so) and they work and sound really well.

Back