New Tire Opinions...a few options

RBG

Registered
So I am in the market for new tires. I have been looking around at a couple of different brands and styles and I believe I have it narrowed down to 3.

I ride 3-5 days a week, work during the week then some spirited riding on the weekends. The roads to work are asphalt mix and are kind of rough(country, greenville tx). Then the weekday evenings and weekends are on good stretches of highway and well maintained city roads. I will never ride in the rain unless there is a freak rainstorm, and the only hard cornering I do is on highway interchanges. The three tire choices I have narrowed it down to are:

Metzler Sportec M3's

Michellin Pilot Power Pure's

Avon VP2 Sport or Storm 2 Ultra (don't know which would better suit my riding style)

All opinions are welcome and greatly appreciated. The guys at the stealership say that the busa will eat the Michellins up because of the weight of the bike and me being a bigger guy (6'3 280). What do you all think???

Thanks,

RBG

go with the michellin, and check out the michellin pilot road 2ct. I have 8k on the rear and it is just starting to get a flat spot, just put a power pure on the front and will put one on the rar to see how they are for the long haul. the rear is the one I had on when I rode to Reno from dallas in 2 days.

It sounds like you should be shopping for ST tire like the Michelin PR2. The pures and the M3 are soft tires in comparison to the PR2 or other ST tires. For your riding, it would be a waste to get a set of Pures or other sporty tires.

Back