my personal tire confusion

Revolution

revolution custom paint
Donating Member
Registered
ok, as most of you know i have been looking at the pirelli diablo corsa III's for my bike. i have not yet purchased them. i am undecided once again after giving my riding style, and available roads closer consideration...i live on long island in new york. the roads are mostly straight. i'm a conservative rider, just looking for tires with more stick than stock. and since i'm a conservative rider i'd like something that warms up fairly easy.

since most of my riding is straight and cruising [80%] i kinda like the profile of the continental sport attack tire. the continental is rounder than my stock busa tire, yet not as "v" shaped as the pirelli diablo corsa III. i read the diablos have issues with straight cruising stability due to their narrow mid section...?

in your opinion would the continental sport attack be recommended for my style, or even the continental road attack?

i hope i have given enough info for some feed back on which tires you could recommend.
deadhorse.gif

banghead.gif

I'd say go with a more rounded profile like on a 50 series profile and not a 55 for your style

ahh so the lower number mean a rounder tire...

hey
laugh.gif
i'm a painter not a tire guy

thanks

See other thread, but, did you consider the Metzlers?

I've always had very good luck with them.

Wear well, stick well, predictable, & very good in the wet. What more can you ask?

I know, there will be a million other opinions to
firedevil.gif
my opinion,but think about where and how we ride.

What are you looking to get for mileage??? Seems to me if I was only choosing a tire for Long Island, 80% strait and conservative, I would go with more of a cruising tire... Avon's make some good straigiht up cruising tires that can handle the light to medium twisties... but you can get 7,500 to 10,000 miles out of them
beerchug.gif

Oh yeah, stick with a 50/190 profile for sure. It is much "flatter" than a 55/190

i'm not looking for mileage as much as more confidence in the corners.

you might want to check out the Diablo Strada's...basically the same grip as the regular Diablo's with excellent wet/cold weather capabilities and i am getting around 7000 miles out of the rear...definitely stay with the 190/50 in whatever kind of tire you buy for the way you ride
beerchug.gif

The Qualifiers have more stick than stock, and are a great tire for confidence in the corners. I ride on them and just came back from the bash... Would chose them again to ride the dragon
firedevil.gif
I also live in flat A$$ Illinois, and they have not "flat spotted" on me either.
bowdown.gif
Just 1 more opinion for your collection
beerchug.gif

Road Attacks rock, quick turn in and feel very planted in the turns. Recommended them to my riding buddy and he really likes them on his ZX-14.

what up fellow ny er !!!i still have the stock bridgstones but my buddy just put some avon
storm st av55/av56 on his busa and i rode it and was impressed..probably what i`ll get when i need some new rubber.

Hmmm...between the Corsa III and the Conti Attacks I would go with the Conti. I wouldn't consider the Corsa III unless I was going hardcore street riding and they are expensive @ss tires. I am using the Dunlop Q's and have been very happy with them. I have another Q waiting in the wings but after that I'm leaning towards the Conti's...great tire for the price, just ask CharlesBusa. He's used them at the track.

The Qualifiers have more stick than stock, and are a great tire for confidence in the corners.  I ride on them and just came back from the bash... Would chose them again to ride the dragon  
firedevil.gif
I also live in flat A$$ Illinois, and they have not "flat spotted" on me either.  
bowdown.gif
 Just 1 more opinion for your collection  
beerchug.gif
Hey Rev...I LOVE the Qualifiers !!! Really good in the twisty's, and even better wide open on the highway. Wait till you feel how much more confidence you'll have after you get off the stock Battle axe's.

I'm looking at getting a new set of tires here pretty soon, but was leaning towards 2ct's. But might consider the conti.

Dont be afraid to look at the maxxis supermax here. I love mine Motoxoutlet.com

Rev, I would say go with the ContiSportAttack. You have been looking and are leaning towards them anyway. I too have read a lot about tires and over all, it seems to come down to rider preference. For your riding, the ContiSportAttack read as though they would be perfect for your riding. I say go with them, then post a review of what you think after you have logged some miles. Otherwise you will end up like me, shopping for tires for the past 6 months and still unable to decide.
banghead.gif

The difference between a 50 & 55 series tire has nothing to do with profile. A 55 series tire has a slightly taller sidewall which gives your bike a quicker turn in. The middle number in a 190/55/17 = 190mm width, 55% of the width is the sidewall height and 17in rim.

The rounder profile tire is much more user friendly on the streets. It gives a bigger contact patch when you are straight up and rolls into turns as gentle as a lamb.

As far as the Corsa III's being unstable at speed? This is the first I have heard of such. I have Corsa III's on one of my gixxers and have found them to be quite stable up to a buck seventy five. They are a bit spendy but I think it's money well spent if your choice is between the Corsa III's and the continental?

For your riding around such a metropolitan area, just about any tire will work fine. Buy whatever gives you mental confidence?

Back