looking for a highway tire.

04 limited

Registered
i will be doing a lot of highway riding this summer. underwood mn to mounds view mn every weekend thats 180 miles one way. i do like the corners also. but it will be 80% highway not much high speed cornering there. i will ride in the rain also. what would guys think? should i stay with the stock tire size also?

thanks for your guys help

Pirelli Angels is a good hard compound tire. I have about 5k on mine and there is about half tread left. It has enough grip to drag knees without fail also.

Pirelli Angels is a good hard compound tire. I have about 5k on mine and there is about half tread left. It has enough grip to drag knees without fail also.

I've read a lot of positive reviews about the Angels. I do mostly highway driving and need to replace my current tires (Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa) and have decided to order the Angels this week.

Avon Storm 2 or the new Storm coming out. I've got 9k on mine and center is just starting to flatten out. I also rode this same set to Nc to ride the Dragon and they did fine. To get there I had to ride 300 miles in pouring rain on hgwy from Macon, Ga to Robbinsville, Nc. They did fine going thru downtown Atl in pouring which is a pretty curvy part of I-75.
Trust me when I say nobody here knows more about riding straight than I do :(

Blanca is the authority on all things straight and long.

I have run the angels for years. I am no knee dragger but I do get caught in the rain a lot. Despite the weather forecast storms blow in here without much warning. I noticed my stock tires would get squirrely during the lightest rain or if a sprinkler was hitting the street. I rode my angels in a hard pouring rain and it didn't twiitch a bit.

The Seattle forecast said 10% chance of rain. I think i. Got 10% of the annual rainfall on my head.

PR2 or PR3 without a doubt. I ride 120 miles a day to work and the PR2's have held up great. Even then when I feel like a trip into the mountains, they do great. I plan to have PR2's or PR3's on for the lifetime of my Hayabusa.

I got 14K miles out of my previous set I changed out this past fall.

Avon Storm 2 or the new Storm coming out. I've got 9k on mine and center is just starting to flatten out. I also rode this same set to Nc to ride the Dragon and they did fine. To get there I had to ride 300 miles in pouring rain on hgwy from Macon, Ga to Robbinsville, Nc. They did fine going thru downtown Atl in pouring which is a pretty curvy part of I-75.
Trust me when I say nobody here knows more about riding straight than I do :(

Thats Florida. Ive been there a few times my friend lives there soo i know!!

Avon Storm 2 as well. Have 80,000+ miles on Avon tires. Great wet and dry performance and 8,000-9,000 miles per set.

Dunlop Roadsmart
You can drag knee, be confident in the rain, and get better mileage than a full on sport tire.

There, now this is an official tire thread...as you have many choices and opinions, and no straight answer:laugh:

Dunlop Roadsmart
You can drag knee, be confident in the rain, and get better mileage than a full on sport tire.

There, now this is an official tire thread...as you have many choices and opinions, and no straight answer:laugh:

ya i knew that would happen.. but thats what makes is fun

Back