New Rider Thinking about a Hayabusa

Wonderful choice. I truly believe the maturity of the rider is key. And you have shown that in your choice for your first bike. When you get your Gen 3:laugh: BUSA or any other for that matter you will be amazed at the difference. With the restraint you've already shown you will do fine.

Welcome to the .Org :welcome: Great to see someone else with a level head on their shoulders!!
I started on a 99 Katana 600, then 02 Gsxr 600, 04 Gsxr 600, 08 Busa (wife's), to my own 09 Busa.
It was worth the wait to be able to get my skills up to level to be able to safely handle a Busa.

Started on an Ninja EX500 myself. I think the 500 class bikes are really under-rated (Though,at least the GS500 doesn't look like a dinosaur like the Ninja does)

i started out on a GS500. great bike. started to turn it into a track bike but sold it to fund the busa:laugh:

have fun and be safe friend

busa is not a good first bike for anyone

we are talking about one of the fastest bikes on the planet

it's not for everyone

Your common sense and maturity assures you of a long and safe motorcycling experience.

Well done.

cheers
ken

Here here..Im with floppy head..

You are WELCOME to stay here regardless, its good to have sensible members around cause were over flooded by Canadiens ey:laugh:

Seriously though stick around, youll make it to the beast one day, till then we will be happy to teach you as much as we can...good peeps here..um except well like I said those damn floppy heads LOL:rofl::rofl::poke:

good mature first choice, and good to see that the salesman gave ****, instead of just selling you a expensive 1k or busa to get a good commission on the sale, but ill be the first to tell you after riding that 500, when you switch to the busa you will be blown away (literally) lol:rofl::rofl:

good choice, me personally, i got the busa after owning a zx6r for 6 months, would have still had the 6 but it was stolen (april 2010). was shopping for litre bikes and stumbled onto the busa at a price i could not pass on. been here ever since:beerchug: great site, great group of guys:bowdown:

Seat time
Seat time
Seat time
The more you ride the better rider you'll become.

:welcome:
here is a couple pics of the first bike and yes it will even get an over 6 ft tall person weighing over 200 lbs comfortably on it.

What a terrific starting bike! It won't be long and you'll be comfortable enough for the big dog! That bike will hold its value too...lots of new riders looking for a bike just like this! Have fun, and you'll know yourself when your ready for the 'busa!:welcome:

Ok, well I got tired of the 500 after only 5 months (I put about 4000 miles on it and I am only home about 2-3 days a month, so I spent a lot of time riding it). My Grandma passed away and I took the GS500 up to NC. I had put on a touring windscreen that was smoke, which helped to deflect a lot of air off of my chest but it created more wind noise in the helmet, but it was better than the wind blast in the chest. The GS500 is a bullet proof motor it ran great and never gave me any problems...Unfortunately the seat on it is like a brick on a long ride. I ended up looking at another Hayabusa a new one the day before I made the trip to NC...and it was a no go, had the credit score just not enough of a credit history and the bank only wanted to extend credit for a small amount. Suzuki would only give me 3100 for the 500, so I told them no deal (cuz I paid 5500 for it and it still has a 3.5 year warranty.

After the long butt abusing ride on the 500 back to florida I went back to suzuki and got them talked into maybe possibly trading my friends Honda VTR 250 (which I helped him get) trade that on the busa and if they went for it sell him my 500 with the warranty. They gave us 400 bucks less than what we had tied up in it (and it had plenty of other issues...needed fork seals, brakes, chain and sprockets, etc) So We made the deal and I rode out with a 05 Hayabusa and with the money down and the trade in got financed.

I took out the 3 year warranty on this bike (I don't see me getting tired of this bike any time soon...lol). So far I put on a little over a 1000 miles on it as I was off for 7 days after I bought it and it's great. My mototcycle doesn't have the logos on the side, but people definitely know what it is.

***To anyone else that is thinking about buying a hayabusa as a first bike...DON'T.***
Listen to these people on this site...when you first start riding you do DUMB things...such as turning a sharp left and letting your hand fall on the throttle (on a small bike no big deal you might be going 10-20 after that....on a busa you idle in 1st gear with no throttle at about 10 mph slight mishap of the hand and it will get nasty quick, 60+ in first gear on a busa). Even after only 4000 miles on a smaller bike you will gain the skills and familiarity to progress to a bigger bike.

If you put a smaller bike in second gear and dump the clutch at a high rpm you're going to be fine...do this on a hayabusa and you're gonna spin the back tire or pop a wheelie (and you better be holding on tight, if not you will be having an unpleasant meeting with the pavement).

Also the brakes on the busa don't react as well as the 500 (it takes more effort and you have to give a little more time to stop, at least that is how it is on the motorcycles I have driven...it also maybe has something to do with the 500 weighing a 140 pounds less.

Mainly Listen to the people that have the motorcycles...they are only being honest. I recommend starting out on atleast a GS500. The 250 my friend had would keep up with my 500 but he had a 45 hp motor on the 88 Honda VTR 250...where the 250 lacked was it had to always be in a lower gear with the revs at a higher rpm (9000-11000). My friends bike was broke down and he was making a left turn on a left arrow and he swears up and down that if he would have been on his 250 and not on the 500 he would have never been able to get out of the way of the car that ran the red light. I'm not knocking a 250 but sometimes it is better to have a little more bottom end power for certain situations.

You also do the other stupid thing...that a lot of people forget to mention...asphalt and motorcycle kickstands don't mix...the kickstand will sink even on a 436 pound GS500f into the asphalt on a hot day...that busa will sink a lot quicker cause it is heavier. I recommend the magnimate kickstand pad...it will hold the busa up on dirt no problem and is small enpought to fit in your coat/back pocket/undertail section.

Well on with the show here are some pics of my 05 Busa. You will Notice the Kickstand Pad in the photos. You will also notice a rectangular light on the license bracket (I put this on as the tail lights that were in the Hot bodies undertail kit were so dim you couldn't see them in day time too easy and I almost got rear ended (this third brake light only comes on when the brakes are applied). Suzuki would not replace because they said they couldn't get the parts so I ordered them from Hot Bodies...you can buy them for 20.00 each and 6 for shipping (or if you happen to have your original receipt they will replace them free of charge. Either way I'm leaving the 3rd brake light on as it gets the cagers attention.

DSC00655.jpg

DSC00656.jpg

DSC00657.jpg

DSC00658.jpg

DSC00659.jpg

DSC00660.jpg

DSC00661.jpg

DSC00662.jpg

DSC00663.jpg

Back