New owner Hayabusa strip/street bike.

VDOP

Registered
Hey everyone. I'm the new owner of a '99 Hayabusa. It's my first sport bike. I'm a tech at an H-D dealership, I know I know. A local bike speed shop owner traded his personal Hayabusa in on a new Harley. My boss runs a V-Rod destroyer at the drag strip and asked me if I wanted to run the Hayabusa when we got it in on trade. I of course said yes. I had a little bit of fun with it this season, mainly getting used to it. I didn't have much experience on sport bikes, nevermind a fast drag bike. But I didn't get to ride it nearly as much as I wanted to (made 9 passes) so I decided to make it mine so I could do whatever I want with it.

Here's how it sat when we got it. I'm in the process of a makeover (can't stand gold) and I'm going to make it street worthy and hopefully get it registered.

HPIM0944-2.jpg

HPIM0955-2.jpg

HPIM0940-1.jpg

Last edited:
The original. Very nice bro. She is low isnt she? Welcome to the oRg. :beerchug:

That bike is a classic collector. I hope you don't change the plastics.

Congrats on your cross-over. You will get many, many very happy miles out of that bike.

:beerchug:

Welcome to the site! Best place around!!!

That bike is a classic collector. I hope you don't change the plastics.

Congrats on your cross-over. You will get many, many very happy miles out of that bike.

:beerchug:

Welcome to the site! Best place around!!!

+100

try to like the color. or at least wait awhile b4 changing. Its a unique original scheme. Alot of people admire that scheme.

You will TEAR THAT HD UP:laugh:

:welcome: to the org. stick around and you WILL meet new friends and learn ALOT.

:welcome: to the oRg. That is one awesome machine and those are the colors you want. It is your bike, I like the advice of waiting on the color change :thumbsup:

Wow, you guys are very welcoming around here. Thanks a lot for all the comments. You're really starting to make me feel bad about the color though. The paint isn't in very good shape, it's cracked in places, scratched, dented, and chipping all around the bottom of the fairing. I really really don't like color and I'm actually on my way to work right now to start painting.... I'm having second thoughts though...

The original. Very nice bro. She is low isnt she? Welcome to the oRg. :beerchug:
Silly low. It's not even strapped in those pictures either.

+100

try to like the color. or at least wait awhile b4 changing. Its a unique original scheme. Alot of people admire that scheme.

You will TEAR THAT HD UP:laugh:

:welcome: to the org. stick around and you WILL meet new friends and learn ALOT.
Oh yeah, the H-D already got torn up on our first time out my 3rd pass ever. Good thing my boss isn't a poor sport haha.

??? is that an lcd monitor on the swingarm???
Haha, no. It's the dial in board for bracket racing.

I didn't really like that color scheme when I first saw the Busa either, but it has definitely grown on me and I would love to have one. Congrats on the new bike and welcome to the madness! :welcome:

Looking at the color scheme from the rest of your other toys, let me guess what color the busa will be... uhmmm.......black :laugh:

Looking at the color scheme from the rest of your other toys, let me guess what color the busa will be... uhmmm.......black :laugh:

Haha. Ding Ding! And you haven't even seen my truck or my car. I don't know why, I just can't get enough of it.

Back