New Hayabusa owner in bay area

KrishnaS

Registered
Hi folks,
I am a new Hayabusa owner in the bay area. I bought a 2002 blue/black Hayabusa with approx 10 K on it and in good condition. I am looking forward to getting to know the bike. I am sure I will be visiting these forums.
On my first week with the bike my observations are:
1. weak brakes - they scare me and make me wonder if they will hold at high speed..
2. a bit aggressive posture - I need to think of raising the handlebars for long trips.
3. very flickable at street speeds

Thoughts on fixing #1 and #2 ( I do like #3 and dont want to fix it .. lol )

Regards, Krishna

Helibars for the posture, braided lines with better pads. 10 year old rubber lines are going to be soft. You will really feel the difference with the braided lines.:welcome:

bleed brakes and refill with fresh fluid for starters and see how that goes. then if you find yourself wanting more, then try ss braided lines and pads next.

welcome!!!!! and like others said. fresh fluid, ss braided lines and pads. I went with galfer lines and EBC HH brake pads. there are other good brands out there. made a huge difference even on my new bike with only a few hundred miles. get a mitty vac pump to make the job easier. be safe!!!!!!!!

oh and we all love pics!! those are the :rulez: here.

:welcome: to the .org KrishnaS.....

This is the only forum you'll need....:thumbsup:

Oh and... we will be patiently waiting on pics....:laugh:.....:rulez:

Thanks everyone for the info and warm welcome !

I will proceed slowly with mods and ride a lot before decide what is really needed for this awesome bird.. !

I have attached a couple of pics - I will upload more once we get back to warm weather in the bay area ! Weather reminds me of Seattle - where I was originally.. !

Krishna

IMG_0914.jpg

IMG_0907.PNG

Back