New owner Hayabusa strip/street bike.

instead of painting those plastic's I would pull them off and put them up in a safe place and buy a set of black plastic you can buy the 02LE plastic's or a set of 07 Black plastic's but the copper plastic's are collectors bro

lol you left out the most important part!! what did it run on the strip and what did the harley run!!!!????? :whistle:
Ummm, wellll. My boss is a big guy, but he went like a 10.10 @ 133 on the Destroyer. He wanted to put me on it for a pass so it would go deep 9s but the track we were at was really strict and they wouldn't let me run a bike that I didn't tech in on. I was pissed cause that bike looks like a blast to ride. It has a slick and a bar so you just put it on the limiter and let the clutch fly and it will consistently 60ft 1.50s with him on it. As for the Busa we'll just say it's faster than the Harley. :whistle:
instead of painting those plastic's I would pull them off and put them up in a safe place and buy a set of black plastic you can buy the 02LE plastic's or a set of 07 Black plastic's but the copper plastic's are collectors bro
I considered that but it would be probably over $500 in plastics buying them on ebay nevermind new. Or I could spend $20 and paint these ones. They're pretty much destroyed honestly. They're cut up so the pipe will fit, they're melted near the pipe, they're scratched, chipping. I really don't think they're anything someone would want. If they were really nice I would leave it, but they're just too far gone.

First of :welcome: to the ORG family. 2ND make sure to follow all the :rulez:. And 3RD, IMO you would kill that treasure if you changed the color on it. It's an awesome original and there aren't many left; but like I was told a while back. It's yours. make it your own, you have to live with it. Congrats on the new purchase. Stay safe. H-D may disown you.:laugh: but you can just tell them to :bowdown: to the busa:laugh:

you are kidding about the color change right? if not :scream:

buy some other plastics and set those aside... this would be tantamount to changing the colors on a KR500 GT Shelby....

:welcome: THat gold theme ( 99 ) is the beginning of all the Hayabusa madness. Keep it or not is your choice but you might find someone to swap you plastics that are in better shape so they could have those orig coppers.

Alright guys haha. Am I gonna have to take pictures of the plastics or something? They're pretty much complete junk. All you guys love them so much who wants to trade? I'm more than willing to have almost any other color.

Alright guys haha. Am I gonna have to take pictures of the plastics or something? They're pretty much complete junk. All you guys love them so much who wants to trade? I'm more than willing to have almost any other color.

Bruh, welcome! I agree with the others that's the color that started it all! If my money was better I would buy them straight off you! But like the others it's your bike. And as for me swaping, well maybe it's just me but you can't put those fairings on anything other than a "99" those are the rules!:whistle:

well its ur baby now and i love that color but i am jealous. everyone loves it but i love the 1k wheels and forks!!! FTW ill trade ya for that setup :) radial breaks clip ons forks axels. oh boy the last owner did a awsome upgrade.

Here is another view of the 99 color, but this is a 2004 GenI. Just love the color thats all. Oh and this one even had the popular and soon to be overdone GENII tail swap on it.

DSCN1644.jpg

DSCN1642.jpg

Thanks for the compliments everyone. Most of the bodywork is off and being prepped for paint. I threw Around the idea of cutting the side fairings a little to expose more of the engine but I don't want it to look hack. I got my smoked turn signal lenses today. Gotta finger out how to pull the front fairing off. Gotta pick out a taillight/turn signal assembly and get that wired up, and I'm ordering a switch for the 24volt start system. Then a new rear tire and it will be ready for the season.

well its ur baby now and i love that color but i am jealous. everyone loves it but i love the 1k wheels and forks!!! FTW ill trade ya for that setup :) radial breaks clip ons forks axels. oh boy the last owner did a awsome upgrade.

Yes sir, the guy that built it is no rookie. It's set up very nicely and the bike just works :;):

Hey man! :welcome: Sup? I think these guys mean business on the color change but.....no takers on the plastics trade so go with the matte black like you said yesterday. Guys, he's right, these plastics and paint aren't mint and for the look he is going for it will look better when he's done.:thumbsup: And one more thing guys??? I know what he runs:whistle: but....I'm sworn to secrecy.:laugh: See you next week.:beerchug:

Thanks Chris! You might need to sell me a new tool box full of Japanese tools for this thing haha. It's a little different than working on a Harley! I didn't know your bike was that color scheme. I've been drooling over those colors on the '08s since I joined the site.

I like the gold too, but drag bikes look good in black too!:thumbsup:

:drool: Now that's what I'm looking for...

If you want to keep the time is a secret thats cool, but may I ask did you smoke that drag harley??:laugh::laugh:

Back